|Location: Shefford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £48 - £58 per hour|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 12 days ago|
Systems Engineer (Weapons)
Rate: £48-£58 per hour
Amptill, Bedford - 6 month contract
Systems Engineer needed for an exciting 6 month contract on behalf of my client, a global security & aerospace company.
Candidates applying must be eligible for SC level security clearance
Purpose of the Systems Engineer:
The Mission Support team is embarking on new contract opportunities in Ground Based Air Defence (GBAD) and Battlefield Management Systems, as well as undertaking additional R&D activities into a new product stream. This significant amount of work will require several experienced systems engineers to join the team to work across the entire spectrum of systems engineering activities. The key areas for work will include requirements and systems analysis, trade studies and system safety analysis.
What you need to be the successful Systems Engineer:
Knowledge and experience of Missile systems in order to be able to:
* Work with potential Missile suppliers to understand the benefits, performance and growth paths for their products
* Understand the impact of the Missile system(s) on overall system behaviour and performance
* Technically review and challenge Missile suppliers on their products, reports and observed performance.
* Understand nuances of Missile System limitations and behaviours at system level.
* Undertake technical trade studies on Weapon options.
* Derive, Develop and Manage an appropriate set of sub-system requirements and ICD for a Missile system.
* Experience of systems engineering lifecycle through the life of a large scale systems development programme, ideally in the Command & Control domain
* Experience in the Verification and Validation lifecycle
* Development of Verification & Acceptance (V&A) statements
* Knowledge of Comms & RF Network Architectures
* Change proposal assessment and embodiment
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4.00pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri Day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer to progress their career within the Aerospace industry.