|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £49000 - £66000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: James Giblin|
Weapons Solution Architect
Weapons Solution Architect needed for a leading Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Weapons Solution Architect who will will act as the subject matter expert and technical authority for all aspects of weapon system integration
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Weapons Solution Architect will include:
- Lead the selection, integration and delivery of weapon systems into C2 systems
- Understand, quantify and inform as to how weapon system options and associated limitations impact complete system performance and behaviour
- Work with potential weapon system suppliers to understand the benefits, performance and growth paths for their product
- Technically review and challenge weapon system suppliers on their products, reports and observed performance.
- Maintain currency on weapon system technology developments
- Perform rigorous quantitative weapon system trade studies to inform the system design
- Understand and develop at sub-system level, requirements and interface definition for weapon system command and control.
- Represent the company at industry and customer events
What you need to be the successful Weapons Solution Architect:
In order to be the successful Weapons Solution Architect and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Knowledge of Safety Engineering design and standards
- Knowledge of Weapon system operating modes, architecture and performance.
- Knowledge of networked weapon systems
- Knowledge of current and relevant STANAG/Mil-Std
- Understanding of the impact of the Subsystems on overall system behaviour and performance
- Understanding of the nuances of system limitations and behaviours at system level.
- Experience in undertaking technical / performance trade studies
- Experience performing mission analysis
- Experience developing requirements and interface documentation for weapon system integration.
- Experience designing and integrating weapon systems within Complex Systems with a significant Software component.
- Experience working with potential suppliers to understand the benefits, performance and growth paths for their product
- Experience of challenging suppliers on their products, reports and observed performance.
- Experience of Ground Based Air Defence Systems
- Experience of Battlefield Management C4i Systems
- Experience of Kill Chain Analysis
- Experience of Battlefield Communications Systems & Networks
- Experience of Requirements/Acceptance Management
- Experience of Trials Planning
- Experience of systems engineering lifecycle through the life of a large-scale systems development programme, ideally in the Command & Control domain
- Experience of the Verification lifecycle
- Development of Verification & Acceptance (V&A) statements
- Change proposal assessment and embodiment
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Weapons Solution Architect to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.