|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £64000 - £86000 per annum|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: James Giblin||Job Published: 14 days ago|
Systems Engineering Manager
Systems Engineering Manager needed for a leading Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Systems Engineering Manager who can lead and has strong experience of designing and integrating complex systems
What the role entails:
The Successful Chief Engineer will have demonstrable experience of delivering and managing Large Complex Engineering programs and overseeing Engineering activities within one or more areas relating to Radar Systems, Weapon Systems, Tactical Datalink, RF Data, Military Communications.
The Chief Engineer will manage, lead and govern the Engineering activities across the business area, throughout the Engineering lifecycle, liaising with interfacing functions, Suppliers and Customers, and delivering compliant products on-time and to schedule.
Some of the main duties of the Systems Engineering Manager will include:
What you need to be the successful Systems Engineering Manager:
In order to be the successful Systems Engineering Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Lead, Govern and deliver Complex Systems Programmes
- Work with potential suppliers to understand the benefits, performance and growth paths for their product
- Understand the impact of the Subsystems on overall system behaviour and performance
- Technically review and challenge suppliers on their products, reports and observed performance.
- Maintain currency on relevant STANAG/Mil-Std updates
- Understand nuances of system limitations and behaviours at system level.
- Undertake technical trade studies
- Lead and Manage an appropriate set of sub-system requirements and ICD for Subsystems
- Determine applicability of, and compliance to, all product related legislation and standards in order to support certification.
- Ensure company process is adhered to and any deviations appropriately approved
- Detailed understanding of Configuration Management
- Certification of Products
- Governing and designing for Safety Critical Systems
- Experience of engineering lifecycle through the life of a large-scale systems development programme, ideally in the Command and Control domain
- Knowledge of Comms & RF Network Architectures
- Change proposal assessment and embodiment
- Safety engineering
- Ground Based air Defence Systems
- Battlefield management C4i Systems
- Battlefield Communications Systems & Networks
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineering Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.