|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
Systems Engineer needed
£40,000 to £50,000 per annum
Based in Chelmsford
Currently I'm recruiting for a Systems Engineer to join my client who are a Leading Technology company based in the heart of Chelmsford. This opportunity would suit candidates with full lifecycle experience and a strong background working on complex products and projects.
Working with other engineering functions and external partners, the systems engineering role requires an experienced systems engineer with a strong physics, electronics, space or communications background. The systems engineer will use his/her skills, knowledge and experience to aid the delivery of a wide range of projects using a systems engineering approach, to bring ground breaking new products to market.
Key responsibilities for the successful Systems Engineer:
- Work with the business unit, engineering team, project management team, external partner and customer to elicit and document user and system requirements.
- Delivery of high quality engineering artefacts; including, but not limited to: Requirements and Architecture Documents, Reports, Interface Control Documents.
- Analysis of system level requirements and definition of system architecture, behaviour, functionality and performance.
- Understand and clarify the key features of the complete system and then, by functional analysis, divide it into subsystems complete with proper interfaces. Work with the engineering team to develop requirements into various system and engineering specifications.
- Support the Project Manager and Technical Authority in the co-ordination and management of day-to-day project activities and maintaining design integrity - ensuring a balanced approach, considering all aspects of the system specification are considered at all times.
- Liaise with customer and subcontractors during development.
- Ensure appropriate configuration and change management of engineering artefacts.
- Support configuration and change management of sub-contract and programme contract / scope changes.
- Become an expert within the team on aspects of the whole system design and provide support across the wider team.
- Support the relevant project manager(s) in identifying, managing and mitigating project risks.
- Identify, track and resolve relevant project issues.
- Ensure that the solution meets customers' requirements.
Required skills and qualifications for the successful Systems Engineer:
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering lifecycle concepts and approaches.
- Demonstrable experience of the application of the systems engineering approach to complex activities.
- An understanding of a complex products or systems based on physics and/or electronics.
- Practical experience of all stages of the systems development lifecycle.
- The ability to build ongoing relationships with internal and external stakeholders to aid the capture, analysis and negotiation of system requirements.
- Experience of working in a large multi-disciplinary environment.
- Proven ability to perform structured trade-studies and methodical approach to decision making.
- The willingness and ability to rapidly understand new technologies and domains.
- The ability to develop verification procedures and undertake verification activities.
- Demonstrable experience of requirements capture and analysis, including functional analysis
- Very high quality verbal and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- The candidate should be proactive, a self-starter and a team player.
Please note that all candidates must be able to obtain Government clearance.