|Location: Malvern, Worcestershire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: William Church|
Systems Test Engineer (contract)
Systems Test Engineer needed for a multinational defence and aerospace organisation based in Worcestershire. our client is looking to employ an experienced Systems Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of the full Systems Engineering lifecycle, experience of product development within a military sphere, an understanding of multi-disciplinary engineering and ideally the defence/aerospace industry.
The Systems Test Engineer role is responsible for providing technical expertise to support successful implementation and on-going operation of programme deliverables as required to fulfil business objectives. The Systems Test Engineer will be responsible for developing, implementing and advising on Systems Test for a variety programmes.
Some of the main duties and responsibilities of the Systems Test Engineer will include:
- Develop manual and automated system level testing of products, throughout the development lifecycle, to ensure customer requirements are satisfied.
- Create and maintain Systems Test artefacts, such as Test Plans, Test Procedures and Test Reports, as required, throughout the product development lifecycle, to result in a positive project outcome.
- Carry out Systems Test activities in accordance with Systems Test artefacts, so that test, qualification and acceptance events are completed successfully.
- Input to project management process regarding estimates to complete; potential risks and opportunities; project issues; and reporting of progress / completion.
- Represent System Test in design reviews and customer meetings.
- Actively contribute to and/or lead defined aspects of the project to achieve optimal balance between requirements, schedule and cost.
- Manage customers and external suppliers to ensure compliance with agreed processes and achievement of project objectives.
- Generate and review technical proposals, and provide estimates for the associated effort, costs and risks, for bids and proposals, leading to contract awards.
- Work closely with project management and engineering project leads to create proposals that drive down project costs and increase margin.
The successful Systems Test Engineer will ideally have the following:
- Significant experience and a full understanding of Systems Test Engineering and Systems Test events.
- Significant experience of developing Systems Test artefacts and achieving a compliant systems design.
- Experience in writing high quality technical documentation and the formal technical review of such material.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Test Engineer. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!