|Location: Burgess Hill, West Sussex||Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aubrey Knight|
T&S Equipment Engineer
Burgess Hill, West Sussex
My client is a leading innovator in Defence & Space technology. Their industry ranges from supplies command and control, surveillance and reconnaissance systems, avionics, instrumentation, aerospace and navigation products... these are just a handful of things the client has to offer.
They are looking for a TS Equipment Engineer who has come from a design and engineering background with a strong working experience in these areas. You will be responsible for providing professional focus for all aspects of Equipment Engineering across a number of projects for naval, training and commercial projects.
The successful T&S Equipment Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 per annum + company benefits!
* 25 days holiday
* Life assurance
* Group personal pension scheme
* Private medical insurance
* Employee share scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
* Monday - Thursday - 08:00-17:00
* Friday - 08:00-14:00
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the T&S Equipment Engineer will include:
* To provide a professional focus for all aspects of Equipment Engineering across a number of projects for on naval, training and commercial projects.
* Provide and maintain Subject Matter Expertise in Equipment Engineering and provide credible Technical Representation for the company when dealing with customers and suppliers.
* Review customer requirements and standards applicable to a system to decompose and derive equipment specifications to which equipment will be designed and accepted, balancing cost and risk against capability and customer requirement.
* Develop and review programmes for certification, qualification or type approval of equipment ready to be deployed as part of our systems solutions, identifying and managing technical issues and risks.
* Assist in equipment selection, compliancy, design, testing, integration, installation, commissioning and acceptance phases.
* Produce and maintain technical/equipment specifications; assist in the development of engineering plans; statements of work; technical assessment of client requirements; and the technical evaluation of supplier bids and correspondence.
* Develop electrical and mechanical designs, producing general arrangement, schematic and wiring drawings with supporting documentation.
* Be able to assess and advise equipment and technology suitability for application in the intended environment.
* Produce and maintain ownership of the design deliverable Items, including instrument data sheets, cable schedules, panel/enclosure designs, interface drawings, loop drawings and cable block diagrams, etc
* Justify specification, design and product selection for equipment, through analysis reports and trade-off studies
* Be able specify, design and review electrical and electronic circuits to meet EMC, Availability, Maintainability and Safety and verify compliance
* Be capable of CAD drawing equipment and panel designs (preferably AutoCAD), producing general arrangements, assembly, schematic, wiring drawings and supporting documentation.
* Produce functional test procedures and support Environment/EMC/Shock qualification of equipment.
* To review and improve the company equipment design lifecycle processes in conjunction with the Equipment Engineering Manager.
What you need to be the successful T&S Equipment Engineer:
In order to be the successful T&S Equipment Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related discipline.
* 5-7 years minimum experience in an engineering design / simulation environment.
* Good planning, communications, writing, organisational and co-ordination skills.
* Experience in specification, design and procurement of electronics, hardware assemblies, and computer equipment.
* Knowledge of marine or industrial control applications and defence projects.
* Good understanding of structured design, quality, test and acceptance processes & standards relative to the Military / Commercial Installations.
* Knowledge of environmental standards and certification, CE, Lloyds Rules and statutory regulations. Familiarity of EMC design priciples and requirements for Military / Commercial installations (including DEF STAN 59-411) desirable.
* Computer Aided Design (CAD) capable for both mechanical and electrical designs.
* Excellent PC skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project, Visio, DOORS, C&I databases / tools).
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a T&S Equipment Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!