|Location: Netherlands, Netherlands||Salary: £60000 - £70000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sean Tierney||Job Published: 13 days ago|
Gold Group are representing a global leader on wind turbine systems, rotor blade engineering, aerodynamics, and composite structures. The company is expanding their R&D division and have a fantastic opportunity for an Team Leader Aero & Loads.
The Aerodynamics group is responsible for full aerodynamic design and analysis of wind turbine blade utilizing analytical, experimental and numerical methods. We are seeking candidates who would like to work in the above mentioned capacity.
A summary of the essential functions of the position includes but is not limited to the following:
Aerodynamic Design of Wind Turbine Blades:
- Design blades for wind turbines ranging up to 10MW using Blade Element Momentum Theory.
Design and Analysis of Airfoils:
- Utilize experimental, numerical and analytical methods to design and analyze airfoils to determine their aerodynamic performance.
Wind Tunnel Testing:
- Conduct physical tests to determine aerodynamic drag and lift performance of airfoils.
- Oversee construction of physical models as needed.
- Build numerical models using flow simulation tools to determine aerodynamic drag and lift performance of airfoils as well perform 3D CFD analysis on rotor blades.
- Proactively guide design features so as to achieve performance targets.
Preparation of Internal and Customer Status Reports:
- Prepare data, reports and presentations to support aerodynamics, structures, loads analysis and pre-sales team.
- Contribute towards the development and implementation of new methodologies and tools.
- Cross Train and support the other team members in the deployment of new tools.
Support for writing R&D Grants:
- Prepare proposals and support other team members towards writing grants for research and development work.
- Minimum: Bachelor's degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering.
- Masters' degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
- 5+ years of industrial experience.
- Strong understanding of fluid mechanics, aerodynamics and CFD.
- Working knowledge of Wind Turbine Aerodynamics and BEM Theory.
- Proficient in the use of analytical tools including XFOIL, EPPLER, TurbSim, ANSYS FLUID FLOW Package or openFOAM, MS Office.
- Intermediate Skills in UG NX.
- Programming skills (atleast one) - Matlab, C, C++, Fortran.
- Experience with laboratory or field work relating to building or testing of aerodynamic systems.
- Occasional travel to support company's forensics service offerings.
- Self-directed, confident individual with excellent personal communication skills.