|Location: Essex, England||Salary: £30000 - £34000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Callie Warner||Job Published: 11 days ago|
Team Leader - Equipment Build Workshop
Essex - Commutable from Braintree, Romford, Chelmsford, Colchester, Basildon ect...
Team Leader needed to join a very successful and growing Electronics Technology company based in Essex. This role will be responisble for the day-to-day organisation of the team, you will be part of a busy team producing, modifying and upgrading new and legacy production equipment, jigs and prototypes.
The successful Team Leader will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £30,000 - £34,000 per annum
* Life Assurance
* Free on site car park
* Career Progression
* On site canteen
* Rail Discounts
* Simply Health
* Life assurance
* Cycle to work scheme
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Team Leader will include:
* Organise and prioritisation of teams workload.
* Fabrication on components for new equipment and upgrading existing.
* Management of a workshop and workshop equipment.
* Produce plans on team development/training.
* Manage teams time sheets, over time records and annual leave.
* Identify outsourcing opportunities and liaise with suppliers when appropriate.
* Enforce good health and safety practices within the team.
* Enforce good house keeping practices within the team.
* Whenever possible support the equipment maintenance and calibration teams.
* Assist with apprentice training.
* Input in to the specification and design process of making new production equipment.
* Work split is likely to be approximately 70% hands on and 30% management
What you need to be the successful Team Leader:
In order to be the successful Team Leader and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* A technical/engineering/crafts-person apprenticeship.
* Knowledge of sheet metal fabrication and metal machining (pref. min 5 years' experience).
* Good leadership skills.
* Good communication skills.
* Welding (MIG, TIG and arc).
* Health and safety knowledge to enable basic risk and COSHH assessment.
* Ability to work from detailed technical drawings.
* Competent I.T. skills.
* Must be eligible for Security Clearance
Skills, experience or qualifications that would be desirable:
* Previous experience of working in a maintenance environment.
* Knowledge of SAP.
* Basic electrical and pipe-fitting knowledge.
* An engineering HNC.
* Able to use/trained in AutoCad.
* PLC programming or fault finding.
* Suitable supervision qualification.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Team Leader to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!