|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Joe Tomkins||Job Published: 5 days ago|
Technical Author needed for a leading Aerospace organisation based in Bournemouth who are looking to employ an experienced Technical Author with ATA100 & ATA 2200 authoring experience as well as being a competent user of Adobe Framemaker
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Technical Author will include:
- Create, edit and maintain technical documents, including equipment maintenance and operation manuals, data modules, component maintenance manuals, service bulletins to meet contract requirements.
- Support the technical verification and validation of technical documentation
- Working closely with IPT engineering personnel
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, internal partners and developers to validate content
- Ensure technical documentation is produced to required quality, timeframes and standards
- Interface with key outsource vendor contacts and subject matter experts to produce and maintain current documentation where required
- Ensure quality control of documentation in accordance with applicable customer and international technical authoring specifications and standards
- Maintain applicable (own) training for Technical Publishers
- Maintain records and files of all versions and revisions in conjunction with document control
- To co-operate with management to meet the employer's legal duties and take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions
What you need to be the successful Technical Author:
In order to be the successful Technical Author and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Excellent and open interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner
- Ability to work well within a team
- Positive, open, flexible 'can do' attitude
- Attention to detail and compliance to regulatory requirements
- Minimum of 5 years technical publications experience (preferably in aerospace sector)
- Technical writing experience / expertise and associated qualifications
- S1000D Data Module authoring experience
- ATA100 & ATA2200 authoring experience
- Competent in use of Simplified English
- Competent user of Adobe Framemaker
- Experience working with & ensuring adherence to information compliance parameters
- Proficient level of computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Author to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.