|Location: Southampton||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Megan Cottrell|
Technical Author / CAD Technician
Southampton - 3-month contract
Technical Author / CAD Technician needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a leading Electronics Engineering company who specialise within aerospace and defence based in Southampton. The candidate must be eligible for Security Clearance
The Technical Author / CAD Technician will Provide drawing office support (including both CAD and MS office) to the front-end documentation activities in line with the timely requirements of our customer engineering service.
Some of the main duties the Technical Author / CAD Technician will include:
- To provide CAD expertise system engineering management, ensuring the delivery of Project and Programme technical requirements.
- Responsible for supporting the derivation of subcontractor SOWs.
- Develop system architecture and system design documentation.
- Provide guidance and resolution on technical issues that challenge Programme & Project delivery.
- Analyse customer requirements, concepts of operations and high level system architecture to develop system requirements specifications
- Review and provide input to program and contract work breakdown structure (WBS), work packages and the integrated master plan (IMP)
- Participate and facilitate design reviews.
- Development of concepts to aid future sales opportunities.
- Supporting Marketing activities such as demo and trials, presenting concepts to both internal and external audiences as required.
- Provide support to the Marketing and Sales teams as directed by the Programme Manager to inform BID pricing.
- Provide technical assistance for vendor and product evaluations.
- Drive change where necessary to meet the strategic objectives of the business.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including initiatives to achieve the goal of operational excellence.
What you need to be the successful Technical Author / CAD Technician
- Oil & Gas (TSI) Experience (Valuable)
- Electronic Document Management Systems - McLaren / Citadon
- Office Documents - MS Office 2013
- CAD packages - Auto CAD, Solid works, Inventor
- Knowledge / experience of PDMS (Plant Design Management System)
- IEC 61082 (Preparation of documents used in electrotechnology)
- IEC 60617 (Graphical Symbols for diagrams)
- Single Line Drawings & Three Line Drawings
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Author / CAD Technician to progress their career.
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.