|Location: Ashford, Kent||Salary: Up to £1 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Joe Tomkins||Job Published: 26 days ago|
Technical Design Leader required for one of the UKs leading defence companies based in Ashford. My client are leading the way in the design and manufacture of a range of state of the art aerospace and weapon systems, providing realistic weapons test and evaluation and training worldwide.
Ideal candidates for this Technical Design Leader position will have strong leadership and stakeholder management skills, being able to provide technical leadership across a number of complex design projects. Candidates will ideally come from an aviation or weapons domain.
Salary for this position has not been advertised, and will be discussed upon application.
All applicants for Technical Design Leader must be eligible for Security Clearance to SC level.
* Provide Technical Leadership across a number of Design Projects
* Provide technical expertise to develop innovative technical solutions to customer problems
* Provide technical support to other departments including Commercial and Production
* Detailed technical design work in own area of expertise
* Identify innovative new products or product improvements to help grow the business or improve efficiency
* Ensuring that all Design projects are carried out in accordance with company Design Procedures and Regulatory Requirements.
* General engineering and leadership tasks to support the Director of Engineering and Chief Engineer
Required qualifications and experience for Technical Design Lead:
* Experience as a senior design engineer in an aviation or weapons domain
* Engineering Degree in a relevant field
* Chartered Engineer
* Domain knowledge of Unmanned Aerial Target systems including ground, target and control systems
* Experience of managing trials of new products
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.