|Location: Surrey, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Mark Crorkin|
Technical Manager - Surrey - Game Development
Our client, a leader in its field is looking for a Technical Manager to support the growth of its studio and ambition of the current development portfolio.
An understanding of the context of software development is key to this role and we are therefore expecting that prospective candidates for this role will have experience working as part of one or more software development teams.
THE TECHNICAL MANAGER ROLE:
Working with the core technical team to ensure the successful support of all projects, you will need to come prepared to do whatever it takes to help the teams to be successful.
It is a key part of the role that the Technical Manager inspires and motivates a diverse technical team to achieve the best possible results.
The role reports to the Operations Director, and is responsible for the central Programming Team, Technical Art Team and Engine Upgrade Team, with support, guidance and direction from the Studio Technical Director.
The ideal candidate will be a rounded manager, able to apply the correct balance to process and the development of staff to improve their wellbeing and performance.
TECHNICAL MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completing and validating estimates for the work to be done based on the Design Specification, Tools and Production Methods
- Supporting the information flow between the internal team and appropriate Development Partners, including the briefing of those partners, and effective delivery and integration of the work done outside of the internal team
- Maintaining appropriate internal staffing levels to meet the technical needs of the series
- Planning and prioritisation of work to best meet the needs of the Game Teams
- Accurate reporting of actual and forecast costs and effort to enable the Studio to support with appropriate resources
- Managing the morale, motivation, and performance of the Technical Team including the Technical Leads and, through those Leads, the performance, development and wellbeing of around 15 staff members within that team
- With the guidance of the Technical Directors, identify and manage technical risk on the projects
- Support the Game Teams, Art Production Team, Integration Team and the Presentation Team with resource requests where practical
- Fanatical about details
- Meticulously organised
- Familiarity with a variety of project management and bug tracking software (e.g. Jira, DevTrack, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of Excel
- Passionate about Gaming
Technical Manager - Game Development
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.