|Location: Kent, England||Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum|
|Sector: Utilities & Infrastructure||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ashleigh Hicks|
Job: Technical Survey Coordinator
Kent & Sussex
£30,000 - £35,000
Job Summary for the Technical Survey Coordinator
Engaged in the planning of technical surveys to ensure integrated planning of works for asset renewal and improvement schemes in the Asset Development Team in Kent & Sussex.
Key Duties for the Technical Survey Coordinator:
- Coordinate all technical survey requirements across the Development team for handover to and delivery by the Construction Team.
- Working in accordance with the client's Integrated Business Management System, ensuring that all scheme development follows the relevant processes and procedures.
- Assist the Asset Engineers in planning technical surveys and providing the necessary documentation to facilitate the delivery of the technical surveys to support the development of asset renewal and improvement schemes within the five-year programme of works.
- Work with the Commercial team in identifying Supply chain to undertake surveys, obtain quotations and issue orders for the delivery of the surveys
- Ensure all road space, Health and Safety and CDM compliance, specification, location plans and any other necessary information for the delivery of the Technical Survey are provided to the Construction team
- Works closely with the Construction team to ensure technical surveys are grouped into efficient delivery packages and programmed to ensure efficient use of the available traffic management for routine maintenance and scheme works.
- Assist the Asset Engineer updating client databases with survey information (scheme close out) in conjunction with the IAM IS Analyst
- Assist the Network Intelligence and Risk Analyst to identify and trial innovative solutions for gathering network intelligence data
- Will demonstrate commitment the client's values by treating colleagues, customers (internal & external) and members of the general public, with fairness, respect & dignity at all times.
- Any other tasks or reasonable activities which are commensurate with the role and as directed.
Essentials for the Technical Survey Coordinator:
- 5 GCSES - Or equivalent
- Good IT literacy in MS Office or equivalent
- Valid UK Driving licence
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good communicator able to work across asset renewal and improvement disciplines
- Good knowledge of civil engineering techniques and their applicability to technical surveys
- Ability to group technical survey activities together to form an integrated programme of works
- Good understanding of all aspects of road asset including design, assessment, construction and inspection.
- Understanding of environmental impacts, road space, TM requirements, network restrictions and stakeholders and effects on delivery of technical surveys.
- Experience of project management and coordination of programmes and survey delivery.
- Experience of technical surveys - type, applicability.
- Experience of highway asset maintenance and delivery within MAC/ASC or similar environments.
- Experience of working with HE standards, systems and objectives to deliver renewals and improvements schemes.
Desirables for the Technical Survey Coordinator:
- Completion of Lean Competency Level 1.
- Understanding of the Value Management Process
- Understanding of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, and other relevant standards, guidance notes and best practice guides
- Professional qualification in engineering or project management or working towards
- HND/HNC level in engineering or equivalent
If you're interested, please get in touch - this is a great position with expanding well established main contractor.