|Location: Cheltenham||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: James Giblin|
Technician needed for a leading Aerospace organisation based in Cheltenham who are looking to employ an experienced Technician to build, inspect and test new build products within the Aerospace infustry
- To test and inspect work performed by other members of the Operations Team
- To perform diagnostic testing and root cause analysis on any non-conforming work to identify necessary corrective action
- To undertake fault diagnosis of returned items & provide a comprehensive strip report
- Carry out repair & test of customers units as required.
- To act as technical champion within the team and support other team members in achieving technical compliance with all manufacturing standards
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Technician will include:
- To assemble new build products & carry out repair of customer products in accordance with the drawings & manufacturing instructions.
- To undertake fault diagnosis of units that fail the ATP, & provide a comprehensive strip report for customer returns.
- Carry out final ATP of units as required.
- Identify problems/issues and recommend solutions to prevent recurrence
- Act as the cell link into quality, engineering & other areas of the business as needed.
- Review you job progress on an annual basis with the objective of achieving continuous improvement. You will need to adhere and contribute to the advancement of the Company Mission.
- Maintain awareness and attend training courses as applicable for the purpose of the Company and self-development
- Adhere at all times to Company Procedure
- To carry out any other duties as may be reasonably requested
What you need to be the successful Technician:
In order to be the successful Software Technician and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Full understanding of the expectations and requirements of your primary customer
- To work with fellow team members in a respectful and courteous manner
- Evidence of an eye test within the last 2 years and appropriate actions taken where required
- A minimum of 6 months broad based cell experience (an understanding of the range and complexity of the products that the cell produces)
- IPC certified
- 3 years' experience within an aerospace / defence environment and/or a formal engineering qualification (NVQ/C&G/ONC)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.