|Location: London||Salary: £25000 - £35000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Walmisley||Job Published: 21 days ago|
Field Network Engineer - £25,000 - £35,000
Are you experienced in supporting a client in the field? Do you want to work in an award-winning technology company? If you have the helpdesk knowledge and do want to be within a top technology business this role could be for you.
If you are then great as my client is looking for a Field Based Engineer to travel to customer sites, install company equipment, providing onsite support in response to problems identified by our helpdesk.
You will install new services, and also diagnose and fix faults on-site.
A personality is a must as you will need to communicate well with the customers, suppliers and colleagues both on the phone and face to face. You will also need to be able to work under pressure and to help build relationships with our clients, both existing and new. This is a client facing role and excellent customer service is vital to the success of the role.
What we are looking for:
- IT/Telecom Installation experience (Site visits, compiling and writing site reports)
- Good understanding of structured cabling such as patching, Cat5/6, uplinks
- Good working knowledge of IP environments, networking infrastructure including Wireless Networks.
- Possess an understanding of telecommunication technology (copper and fibre)
- Be able to demonstrate an awareness of DNS, DHCP, Configuring Cisco devices Switches and Routers technologies
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- High level of attention to detail and pride in your work
- A flexible approach, with the ability to work well on your own as well as part of a team
- Show a commitment to ongoing professional development and be prepared to undertake training as required
- Familiar with WAN/LAN and SIP technologies
- A full UK Driving License is essential
- Full installation of hosted telephone and internet services to medium and large businesses.
- Conducting WiFi surveys and full site survey for new and existing customers.
- Closely working with operations and support teams on delivering and troubleshooting services where required
If you are an individual that wants to join a company that can offer true progression and invest into your career, then this role will be ideal.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.