|Location: Farnborough, Hampshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence, IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Telecoms I.T Engineer
Telecoms I.T Engineer required for one of the U.K's leading defence companies based in Farnborough, who are looking to employ an experienced Telecoms I.T Engineer with a strong background in working with desktop/laptop and an understanding of Telecoms.
My client are looking for the candidate to have the ability to offer 3rd line desktop support to enterprise users of Microsoft windows operating systems & hardware peripherals and design and installation of business and corporate Local Area Network infrastructure.
Salary and package for this position will be discussed upon application.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Telecoms I.T Engineer will include:
- On site IT representative & focal/escalation point for all local IT issues
- 3rd line desktop support to enterprise users
- Building and delivery of new desktop/laptop hardware & peripheral
- Supporting local area network infrastructure
- Managing of the helpdesk call system tickets (Resolve)
- Management of DAMS (desktop asset management system)
- Fault diagnosis/fix of corporate and standalone PC systems and peripherals
- Remotely assist network management teams with "remote hands" for fault diagnosis/fix of the corporate data & voice networks and cabling infrastructure.
- Effective working relationships with operational teams and internal customers
- Carry out field support for project.
- Working with, and in some cases supervising sub-contractors, as required
- Ensure configuration management is maintained.
- Carry out surveys for new installations such as Network Equipment rooms, racks, cabling and wifi.
- Carry out field Installation Moves And Changes (IMACS) of the voice/data network.
- To undertake other duties as directed by the Team Lead.
What you need to be the successful Telecoms I.T Engineer:
In order to be the successful Telecoms I.T Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following accreditations and qualifications:
- Health and Safety (IOSH Managing Safely, Working at heights, Asbestos, Confined spaces & Manaual Handling) etc.
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) or equivalent Qualifications
- IOS, Linux and other operating systems
- ITIL V3 intermediate certificate
- Certified Network Infrastructure Technician (CNIT)
- Comptia A+
- Configuration of network attached equipment
- Configuration control
- BSEN 50173/50174
- Structured Cabling.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Telecoms I.T Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
All applicants must have obtained or be eligible for Security Clearance.