|Location: London, England||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + COMPANY CAR, HOLIDAY PAY|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Andriana Panayi|
Temporary Works Coordinator
£40K - £45k (dependant on experience)
45 hour week
We are looking for a motivated Temporary Works Coordinator to work independently liaising with Project managers, Team leader and designers ensuring all works and panning is implemented to the highest and most efficient standard possible. Great opportunity for someone to work for a main contractor within the Utilities and highways sector with great benefits and opportunities to hand.
Benefits for Temporary Works Coordinator:
* Company Car
* 24 days holiday rising to 26 after 4 years.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of Temporary Works Coordinator
* Monitor the scheme design and delivery programme to identify the scope of the temporary works needed to construct the permanent works.
* Liaise with the scheme designers and the construction teams to identify and advise on the various options for the temporary works.
* Classify the various temporary works
* Advise the Project Managers, Construction Team Leaders and Designers on the time scales involved to identify any programme issues early in the development of the schemes and avoid delays in delivering the scheme.
* Prepare / ensure that a full design brief is prepared to serve as the starting point for subsequent decisions, design work, calculations and drawings for the temporary works.
* Liaise with all concerned with the construction of the temporary works to build their comments and requirements into the design brief.
* Liaise with the Temporary Works Designers and Contractors
* Ensure that all elements of the temporary works are designed by competent persons and where more than one temporary works designer or design is involved the interface between them is covered.
* Liaise with the temporary works designers to manage any changes to the design brief / design of the temporary works.
* Ensure that the proposed temporary works design is checked by a competent person
* Prepare draft design and check certificates to suit the scheme's contractual arrangements for designing and checking the temporary works.
* When satisfied that the temporary works have been designed and checked by competent persons sign off the certificate
* Prior to commencement of construction of the works hand over the role of the TWC for the scheme to the TWS appointed to manage the temporary works for that scheme
* Review the scope of the temporary works that were installed in an emergency.
* Provide basic training and support to Site Managers in awareness of temporary works and their responsibilities for managing them.
* Identify the training needs of those responsible for managing temporary works and arrange for suitable training to be provided..
* Monitoring overall company performance.
* Additional integral responsibilities include report writing, record maintenance, and satisfactory communication at all levels, maintenance of Company image, employee welfare and team building.
* This list is not inclusive or exhaustive and other management duties will be expected.
Other Duties of Temporary Works Coordinator:
* Set a good example to all employees.
* Lead and manage all Health & Safety issues.
* Ensure compliance with all company controlled documents including company procedures.
* Be pro-active in developing new systems to meet changing departmental needs.
Essential Attributes of Temporary Works Coordinator:
* Trained in the role of temporary works coordination.
* Trained, competent and have appropriate experience suitable for the complexity of the projects.
* Formally qualified to Degree, HNC / HND Incorporated Civil or Structural Engineer to be appointed as TWC.
* Formally qualified to Chartered Civil or Structural Engineer to be acceptable to sign Records of Design Principles and Design and Check Certificates.
* Extensive experience in the construction of permanent and temporary works.
* Ability to work with, mentor and support design and construction people
* Good communicator.
* Computer literate.
* Experience of working within a team.
* Experience in civils / energy utility contracts.
* Minimum of 2-years relevant experience