|Location: Sevenoaks, Kent||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Bradley Lamb||Job Published: 19 days ago|
Test and Evaluation Technician - Batteries
Contract - Initial 3 months
Test and Evaluation Technician required for a globally recognised defence company who are based in Sevenoaks. My client are looking for a Test and evaluation Technician on an initial 3 month contract to work on an exciting project.
The successful candidate for this Test and Evaluation Technician role will test cell and battery units to manufacturers' and customers' specifications, to ensure appropriate performance, quality standards and reliability are being met.
All applicants must already be security cleared (SC) for this role.
Key Experience and Knowledge needed for Test and Evaluation Technician:
- Liaise with the Technical leads on test direction and test requirements for battery and power sources
- Operate in a suite of laboratories, mechanical, electrical and environmental test capabilities for the UK MoD support contract and for other Government Departments, reporting to the Laboratory Manager, Technical lead and the Contract Project Manager
- Assist in providing electronic and electrical support to test facility
- Fault finding, diagnosis and maintenance of electronic and electrical systems
- Preparation & maintenance of documentation for safety and risk
- Support customer events - demonstrations and trials
- Assist in the planning and budgeting of maintenance and facility upgrades
- Perform and report on tests undertaken on batteries and power systems
- Operate all Facility equipment (appropriate training will be provided)
Key Capabilities and Knowledge for Test and Evaluation Technician:
- Ability to perform testing using various battery test equipment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Highly motivated and willing to take initiative
- Willing to learn new tasks or jobs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work in an engineering and hazardous test environment
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be able to work with fellow Technicians and the Engineering team in meeting deadlines and goals
To apply for this exciting 3 month contract opportunity for a Test and Evaluation Technician please press 'apply now'.