|Location: Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria||Salary: £28000 - £35000 per annum + Package|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jeremy Farley||Job Published: 25 days ago|
Job Title: Test & Service Engineer
Salary: £28,000 - £35,000 + Package
Key Skills: Naval, Test, Commissioning, Support, Acceptance, Build, Integration, Maintenance, Analysis, Ship Systems, C&I, PLC, DCS, Marine, Offshore, Defence
Test & Service Engineer required to join my client based in Barrow.
Working from site, my client, a leading defence company, providing a broad range of products and system solutions for military and commercial platforms are looking for their next Test & Service Engineer to be an integral part of the team in the provision of maintaining systems & facilities. If you have excellent technical skills and love a challenge, apply now!
To provide test, commissioning and support engineering expertise for all aspects of product & systems from test to in-service support.
So, what will you be doing as the Test & Service Engineer?
- Build, test & maintain system integration & acceptance testing facilities
- To conduct formal acceptance tests in accordance with relevant procedures
- To contribute when required to the whole design life-cycle of products and systems
- Maintenance & configuration management of equipment through installation, commissioning and in-service support
- Troubleshoot and diagnose design & product faults
What are we looking for in our next Test & Service Engineer?
- Good knowledge & understanding of Control & Instrumentation
- Have a Marine, Defence or Offshore background
- An ONC/HNC in Engineering OR IT discipline
- Experience in system test, commission and in-service support
- Good technical author skills & PC skills
- An understanding of the requirements, processes & procedures for defence contracts
- Knowledge of software acceptance tests
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills, experience and desire to provide exceptional Test & Service Engineering expertise, this is the opportunity for you!
If you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation as a Test & Service Engineer, hit that apply button now!
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD OR BE ELIGIBLE FOR SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC) TO START!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.