|Location: West London, London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 12 days ago|
Test and Service Engineer
Test and Service Engineer needed for a leading engineering and electronics organisation based in West London who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Test and Service Engineer that takes pride in their work.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree in electrical and electronic engineering or equivalent (HND/HNC), and have a keen interest in electronics testing. If you have experience from an aerospace/avionics or defence background that would be a plus!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Test and Service Engineer will include:
- Responsible for Testing and Fault finding Production / Service units to component level using Test Specifications and circuit diagrams
- To be able to follow departmental, quality and Health & Safety procedures
- Fault-finding down to component level using Logic Analyser, Emulator and Digital storage scope
- Repair and assemble products and be able to carry out soldering to IPC 600 J standard 001
- Produce investigation reports and Statement of work
- Provide assistance to Engineering with investigation units
- Provide Technical assistance to Internal and External customers
- To ensure Repair products and turnaround time is achieved within 5 days
- Responsible for providing regular updates to meet the needs of each customer regarding the status of the units
- Demonstrate a level of innovation within the cell to assist continuous improvements
- Program PCBs and devices using Programming Loading Documents
- Perform Inspection on all activities as and when required
- Follow European Aviation Safety Agency Form One (EASA Form 1) procedures
What experience you need to be the successful Test and Service Engineer:
- Experienced, be qualified to Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or equivalent (HNC/HND)
- Previous experience with Avionics repair is desirable but not essential, as full product training will be given.
- Able to read and interpret circuit diagrams, Test specifications and Drawings.
- A high calibre individual to be able to use Logic Analyser, Emulators, Fluke counters and Digital storage scope.
- Proven ability to produce technical reports.
- Will be a professional and commercially motivated engineer.
- Have a logical and analytical approach to problem solving, with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- A team player who is self-motivated, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both internally and externally
- Require in depth knowledge of Digital and Analogue electronics and should be customer focused.
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience of an ERP/MRP system but not essential
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Test and Service Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply for this role, applicants must be eligible to undergo and obtain a high level of UK Security Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.