|Location: Leicester, Leicestershire||Salary: £40 - £45 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
Test and Support Engineer
Contract - Initial 6 months
Rate: £40-45 P/H
Test and Support Engineer required for a globally recognised defence company who are based in Leicester. My client is looking for a Test and Support Engineer on an initial 6-month contract to work on an exciting project.
Key Experience and Knowledge needed for Test and Support Engineer:
- After initial training, support the ongoing installation, set to work/commissioning of software and equipment within 3rd party client test site based in Leicester, in accordance with relevant procedures, record results and raise any snags or deficiencies as required.
- Acting as an onsite representative to provide an effective and professional technical interface with the customer and ensure that communications at the working level are maintained.
- Support and provide maintenance and configuration management of equipment and system, including out of hours support of trials as required.
- To co-ordinate and participate in the implementation of equipment modification work packages top meet project delivery milestones.
- To take responsibility for identifying and resolving technical issues identified during the conduct of support activities.
- To identify to the Project Technical Lead and/or Project Manager, any potential problems in the engineering activities undertaken.
- To undertake, upon request, the maintenance of any software and hardware tools in support of development environment.
- To provide technical support via the management and resolution of technical queries and defects.
- To adhere to al Company and contractual standards and processes.
Key Capabilities and Knowledge for Test and Support Engineer:
- HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Instrumentation or related discipline.
- 5-7 years minimum experience in a control system installation, set to work/commissioning or support environment.
- Good knowledge and sound understanding of Control & Instrumentation; preferably in marine, defence or offshore environments.
- PLC and distributed control system knowledge, preferably Siemens TIA portal.
- Good organisation and co-ordination skills.
- Good planning, communication skills written and verbal, ability to articulate technical issues to both technical and non-technical staff with different domain knowledge/responsibilities e.g. providing structured technical feedback to design engineering.
- Ability to work under pressure; meet tight deadlines, problem solving and executing duties while being observed by customer and user communities.
- Understanding of bespoke computer-based control system (full training provided).
- Experience of operation or maintenance of ship's systems.
- Some knowledge of test environments, structured test and acceptance processes & standards relative to the Military/Marine Installations.
- Understanding of the requirements, processes and procedures for the defence contracts.
- Some knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Siemens TIA Portal Service - training courses.
- Functional Safety Engineer certification.
- Excellent PC skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, DOORS, C&I databases/tools)
To apply for this exciting 6-month contract opportunity for a Test and Support Engineer please press 'apply now'.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.