|Location: Dorchester, Dorset||Salary: £36000 - £50000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Charles Beecroft|
Test Engineer urgently needed. Ideally, you will already be a Test Engineer with MoD / Marine experience, providing mechanical and electrical test and support engineer to support products to the UK MoD and International customers.
Why You Should Apply
The successful Test Engineer will want to work for this client because they will give you a wealth of benefits:
- Salary between £40,000 and £50,000
- Relocation package available on a case by case basis
- Fantastic pension scheme
- Life Assurance - 10 times salary
- Dental cover (self)
- Flexible working hours scheme
- Free car parking
- Free gym on site
- Payment of annual subscriptions to professional institutes/bodies
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Travel insurance (for private travel including spouse/partner and children)
- Vodaphone discount
- Salary Sacrifice for Purchase of Cars
- Well-being programme - a programme of health and wellbeing initiatives provided in conjunction with our Occupational Health partner; includes flu vaccinations
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour/7 days a week telephone and web based service providing advice and guidance on a wide range of work-related and personal/family issues
- Staff Social Events
If this wasn't enough, the successful Test Engineer will also gain the opportunity to work for a world leader in the manufacture & supply of sonar and combat management systems for conventional submarines, surface ships, complete sensor-to-shoot mine warfare solutions and torpedoes.
Test Engineer Responsibilities include:
- You will create and develop test plans, procedures and schedules for verification of design testing
- Develop, manage and perform testing of product, unit and integration
- Support all test activities and implement test solutions
- Support to all aspects of testing and acceptance for given projects
- Writing reports and test documentation, conduct evaluation of test evidence
- Field Service Support of In-Service equipment in the United Kingdom (UK) and worldwide
- Survey and repair of products / equipment
- Deployable to conduct system grooms, equipment surveys and repairs on products installed and in operation.
- Support of electro optical products currently in-service
Test Engineer knowledge, skills and personal qualities required:
- Experience of working on/with Mechanical / Electrical Diagrams and Control Systems
- An understanding of defence systems ideally within Submarine and Surface Ships environment
- Must be able to write technical reports and extract information form technical volumes
- Knowledge of Standards i.e. Electrical, Def. Stan's, Mil Specs, CE Marking etc.
- Previous experience in test and acceptance and or field service experience conducting fault finding on mechanical and electronic equipment
As the Test Engineer, you will require SC clearance for the role.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.