|Location: Crawley, West Sussex||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Matt Henocq|
The role of a Test Automation engineer is to develop, maintain and execute automated test scripts to support the development of my client's products.
- To review system requirements and identify scenarios for automation.
- To develop, maintain and execute automated test scripts.
- To identify and document defects when performing test execution and work with the development team to resolve these.
- To ensure that all formal test activities are properly recorded according to the company's quality system.
- To continually develop and improve test methods, tools and techniques, including the test automation framework.
- Create automated test scripts to implement testing scenarios.
- Review test scripts for adequacy of implementation and test coverage.
- Test script execution.
- Create and test problem reports.
- Design, development and execution of automation frameworks and scripts.
- Analysis of faults, working with others to resolve defects found.
- Critical thinking with the ability to evaluate, provide constructive criticism and formulate improvement plans.
- Quality conscious, analytical, proactive and flexible.
- Team working across a diverse multidisciplinary team.
- An innovative and persistent approach to problem solving.
- Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- Several years' working as a Software Developer in Test, or Test Automation Engineer, developing test automation scripts and frameworks using at least one standard programming or scripting language.
- Experience of the software and test development lifecycles and the tools to support them gained working in product development teams.
- ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing.
- Continuous Integration systems.
- Automating tests for application software that controls physical hardware and systems.
- Agile methodologies.
- Development of systems for medical applications.