|Location: Essex, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Test Technician needed for a multinational financial organisation based in Essex who are looking to employ an experienced Test Technician with an in-depth knowledge of AutoCAD (or AutoCAD Electrical) as a design / capture tool, experience of electromechanical fabrication / assembly / design, familiarity with selection and use of laboratory test equipment and measurement techniques.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Test Technician will include:
- Fabrication and integration of sub-system components and prototype / experimental systems - covering mechanical construction and electrical / electronic assembly / wiring.
- Evaluating prototype designs of components (including mechanical elements), sub-assemblies and systems - to ensure they meet original design criteria by identifying and selecting the appropriate test methodologies. Feedback results to project and management teams producing accurate and timely reports.
- Producing test procedures and verification plans / matrices to compile documented evidence of product compliance. Follow test plans for electrical, mechanical and RF performance criteria to validate components / product.
What you need to be the successful Test Technician:
In order to be the successful Test Technician and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- HNC / HND / NVQ Level 3 (BTEC) in electrical / electronic engineering or able to demonstrate equivalent industrial experience / knowledge
- Ability to work from provided documentation - electrical schematics and mechanical drawings - BoM's - procedures etc
- Competent in the use of AutoCAD (or AutoCAD Electrical) as a design / capture tool
- The ability to take on technical work packages with minimal supervision
- A good grasp of electronic and mechanical assembly techniques
- Experience of electromechanical fabrication / assembly / design
- Familiarity with selection and use of laboratory test equipment and measurement techniques
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Test Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!