|Location: Greenford, Middlesex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence, Electronics||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Aaron Stone||Job Published: 10 days ago|
Electronics Test Engineer
Electronics Test Engineer required to develop new ATE/Test solutions and support updates to current in service equipment, update PTS documents, maintain and add improvements to test facilities, such that it achieves its delivery and quality targets within budget. Joining a globally established Defence company as part of the Test Engineering team, the Electronics Test Engineer will also be focusing on departmental process improvements, lean manufacturing techniques and ensuring that strict Health and Safety processes are followed at all times.
The Electronics Test Engineer must be eligible for SC clearance.
- Take overall responsibility for addressing all test related safety issues.
- Develop test strategy for overall project by identifying suitably testable assemblies.
- Represent Test & Acceptance in PDR, CDR, TRR, PRR, and customer meetings.
- Chair Test Safety Reviews.
- Take ownership for DFT issues, influence electronic and mechanical designs to ensure an effective test philosophy is achieved.
- Design and Develop test facilities, Simulators, Stimulators and Test interface to support production, integration and qualification
- Author supporting documentation (PTS, Software Index, Calibration Procedure etc.).
- Develop automated test software including supporting documentation. Test S\W may include NI LabVIEW, NI LabWindows, C++, HP\HT Basic etc.
- Provide Test operator training on test stages and product fault finding.
- Provide coaching and training for Junior Engineers, Technicians, Production Test operatives, Students, etc.
- Identify product cost saving measures to maximize production test times
- Contribute at relevant PEER reviews to ensure all ITEA activities are identified and the design can accommodate these.
- Support Marketing bids and proposals by providing detailed test input and associated costs including estimated test times.
- Monitor test times against project unit price cost
Experience required for the Electronics Test Engineer:
- Qualification: HNC/HND or Degree in Electronic Engineering
- Experience in an engineering development environment.
- Proven track record in the development / management / provision of Test Facilities
- PC literate: General use of PC packages for producing Specifications, Procedures, Estimates, Result Analysis, Reports, Circuit diagrams and Basic engineering drawings e.g. Office 97, VISIO, etc.
- Experience in programming using NI LabVIEW, (NI CVI, Visual basic, HP Basic for Windows a plus)
- Intimate with Instrumentation control via PC: IEEE, 488/GPIB, use of PC mounted I/O and acquisition cards
- Working knowledge of Digital, signal processing and RF test techniques. To enable effective understanding interpretation, and implementation of test requirements and to enable effective liaison with the design team on technical issues
Equipment used in this role:
Familiar with the use of Power Supplies (LV, HV, Power), DMM, Signal Generators (LF, HF, RF, Pulse, Arb), Oscilloscopes, Analysers (LF, HF, RF, Logic), Insulation testers (HT, Breakdown, Megger), Bridge, PC Modules (DAQ, Multi I/O, ARB, PSU, etc.), PC Configuration, Windows OS (various), MS Office. Will be expected to use the Company computerised Time and Attendance System. Must be able to read and understand electronic circuit diagrams and wiring schedules.