|Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Harriet Houlton|
Test Development Engineer
I have a fantastic Opportunity for a Test Development engineer to join a world leading Electronics Manufacturing Company based in Milton Keynes.
Main Function of the Test Development Engineer
The main function of the job is to facilitate design, development and support of test systems for power and magnetic products designed and manufactured by the company. Additionally, the design and support of ancillary systems (software & hardware) developed to assist and support the main functions of Test Engineering.
Benefits of the Test Development Engineer
The successful Test Development Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Competitive Salary
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- 23 days holidays (increase to 26 after a period of time)
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance (4 x employees salary)
- Income Protection Cover
- Career progression
The responsibilities of the Test Development Engineer will include:
- Organise and perform project work relating to the design of in-house test equipment and ancillary departmental systems (Hardware & Software) as specified by the Test Development Manager.
- Provide primary Test Platform software development/support across department including Verification and Validation section.
- Maintain good documentation and other associated records pertaining to Test Project Development
- Generate plans for new work as required by the Test Development Manager
- Supervise a technician within the department.
- Ensure that development work, including that carried out by Technicians, is of the required quality
- Ensure that documentation to be used for production, including that generated by subordinate Engineers or Technicians, is of a suitable standard.
- Provide technical support to other departments on matters pertaining to Test Engineering systems in development, or released for production use
- Maintain parametric data on test parameters in a variety of forms, text file, database or binary file
- Provide support where necessary to any ancillary projects existing and new, undertaken by Test Engineering
- Facilitate repair and calibration of Test systems where required
To effectively perform the duties of a Test Development Engineer, Individuals must be able to demonstrate a number of competencies that are essential to the position, which include:
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as individually whilst being self-motivated
- Formal qualification equivalent to UK degree level in Electronics or related Engineering discipline
- Familiarity with principles of testing of power, and wound components
- An appreciation of mechanical design, particularly in the area of test fixture design
- Experience in programming/software development within an Engineering environment
- Experience with NI TestStand. Familiarity with Sequence development.
- Familiarity and experience of using MS office software
- An appreciation of Quality control
- Knowledge of C# or other .NET Language
- Experience developing Process Models in NI TestStand
- Experience of PCB Design
- Familiarity with Automotive Standards TS16949 (IATF 16949)
- Automation Experience particularly in a Manufacturing/Test Environment