|Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire||Salary: + Bens|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
Test Development Engineer
Are you looking for a company that can offer you Career Progression and Exciting Products to develop? Then look no further as I have the OPPORTUNITY for you.
My client is a global leader in the power electronics industry and if you have an iPhone then you are using their products. They are looking for a Test Development Engineer to join their successful and growing team based at their newly refurbished Milton Keynes site. You will ideally have knowledge of DC-DC convertors, AC-DC power supplies and Low power electronics (1W-100W). They offer a great environment to work in and 55% of the staff have worked there for over 10 years, which says a lot about the company.
The successful Test Development Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Competitive salary
* Staff Bonus Scheme
* 23 days holidays (increase to 26 after a period of time)
* Pension Scheme
* Life Insurance (4 x employees salary)
* Income Protection Cover
* Bupa Cover
* Simply Health Cash Benefit
* Plus others
Some of the main duties of the Test Development Engineer will include:
* Organise and perform project work relating to the design of in-house test equipment and ancillary departmental systems (Hardware & Software) as specified by the Test Development Manager.
* Provide primary Test Platform software development/support across department including Verification and Validation section.
* Maintain good documentation and other associated records pertaining to Test Project Development
* Generate plans for new work as required by the Test Development Manager
* Supervise a technician within the department.
* Ensure that development work, including that carried out by Technicians, is of the required quality
* Ensure that documentation to be used for production, including that generated by subordinate Engineers or Technicians, is of a suitable standard.
* Provide technical support to other departments on matters pertaining to Test Engineering systems in development, or released for production use
* Maintain parametric data on test parameters in a variety of forms, text file, database or binary file
* Provide support where necessary to any ancillary projects existing and new, undertaken by Test Engineering
* Facilitate repair and calibration of Test systems where required
In order to be the successful Test Development Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Ability to work in a team environment as well as individually whilst being self-motivated
* Formal qualification equivalent to UK degree level in Electronics or related Engineering discipline
* Familiarity with principles of testing of power, and wound components
* An appreciation of mechanical design, particularly in the area of test fixture design
* Experience in programming/software development within an Engineering environment
* Experience with NI TestStand. Familiarity with Sequence development.
* Familiarity and experience of using MS office software
* An appreciation of Quality control
* Knowledge of C# or other .NET Language
* Experience developing Process Models in NI TestStand
* Experience of PCB Design
* Familiarity with Automotive Standards TS16949 (IATF 16949)
* Automation Experience particularly in a Manufacturing/Test Environment
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Test Development Engineer to progress their career and join a fantastic organisation. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!