|Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire||Salary: £21000 - £22000 per annum + Ben's|
|Sector: Electronics||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ben Abbott||Job Published: 15 days ago|
Test Development Technician
Buckinghamshire, Commutable from: Northampton, Bedford, Milton Keynes, Aylesbury, Banbury etc
I have a really exciting opportunity for a dynamic and driven Test Development Technician to join a globally recognised electronics company based in Buckinghamshire.
Ideally they are looking for someone with a strong electronics background in industries such as computing, communications, automotive, industrial or medical markets. The company is always looking to break into new industry sectors with their products and have some really exciting projects on the horizon. They are very keen on internal promotions which can been seen in the staff retention, 55% of their staff have been working for the company 10 years + and majority started as junior members of the team. They offer opportunities with in the UK and Internationally.
The successful Test Development Technician will want to work for my client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Staff Bonus Scheme
* 23 days holidays (increase to 26 after a period of time)
* Pension Scheme
* Life Insurance (4 x employees salary)
* Income Protection Cover
* Career Progression
* Subsidise food each day
* Employee appreciation day - celebrated in August
Some of the main duties of the Test Development Technician will include:
- Perform general technical duties as required by his supervisor or delegated Engineer.
- PCB board assembly and Fixture Assembly as Required. Generate associated assembly documentation for such works and projects. These will generally be in electronic format (Word Docs, Excel Spreadsheets, Photos/Images)
- Perform routine maintenance of jigs and fixtures on site and generate maintenance documentation for MK and manufacturing site in Dongguan (China).
- Keep accurate records of work done and notes either in the appropriate project log or in a 'day book' in a format such that the information can be readily retrieved.
- Maintain the design/development area in an orderly state, ensuring that equipment and tools are in a serviceable state.
- Routine electronic calibration and maintenance of production/development test systems in Milton Keynes facility.
- Review, verification and generation of test related documentation (documents and electronic data files).
- Occasional PCB design work relevant to experience or on the job training.
- Support of other processes used by Test Development team including, but not limited to (Equipment Calibration, Safety Testing, 3D Printing).
- Placing orders for components and ancillaries.
- Support the shipping processes pertaining to test systems and spare parts.
- To behave in a manner according to the MPS 'code of conduct' when representing MPS.
- To complete other duties as may reasonably be required.
The ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Previous experience in similar environment.
- Ability to work accurately to defined timescales.
- IT literate including familiarity with MS office software.
- Familiarity with reading electronic circuit schematics and the use of Basic Electronic Measurement Equipment (Multimeter as a minimum).
- Ability to work in a team effectively while being self-motivated.
- Adaptability to changes in priorities and varying workloads.
- Be a proactive and good communicator to drive projects to timely completion.
- Familiarity with basic electronics (Ohm's Law, Kirchoff's Law).
- Experience/Familiarity with PCB Layout Software.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Test Development Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!