|Location: Leicestershire, England||Salary: £35 - £40 per hour|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Sam Francis|
My client is looking for a Contract Test Engineer to provide test, commissioning and support engineering expertise for all aspects of product and systems, from test and acceptance during product development through to commissioning and in service support. The role will be based onsite with a client in Leicester, however there will be 1/2 months training in Bristol before hand on their systems. The client is looking to pay between £35-£40/hour
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Good knowledge and sound understanding of Control & Instrumentation (incl PLC/DCS equipment);
- preferably in marine, defence or offshore environments.
- Minimum OND/HNC in engineering or IT related discipline.
- Experience of operation or maintenance of submarine or ship's systems would be advantageous.
- Experienced in system test, set to work, commission or in service support.
- Some knowledge of test environments and software acceptance methods
- Good technical author skills and PC skills for documents, reports & spreadsheets.
- Good communication skills written and verbal, ability to articulate technical issues to both non technical staff and to technical staff with different domain knowledge/responsibilities e.g. providing structured technical feedback to design engineering.
- Ability to work under pressure; meet tight deadlines, problem solving and executing duties while being observed by customer and user communities.
- Understanding of the requirements, processes and procedures for defence contracts desirable.
- Some knowledge of software development lifecycle desirable.
- Some knowledge of simulation systems desirable.
- Through, diligent and practical approach.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.