|Location: London, England||Salary: £40000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Test Engineer needed for a multinational aerospace and defence organisation based in London who are looking to employ an experienced Test Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of automated tooling, defect management tools, project methodologies and software development exposure within the defence industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Test Engineer will include:
- Creating BDD's for the stories in the program within Jira.
- Writing Cucumber Test Scripts for each BDD.
- Developing automated Selenium tests in Java.
- Running automated and manual tests for feature branches within a test environment.
- Maintaining regression tests for each system developed by the team.
- Creation of Test Result reports after each sprint.
- Analysing functional specifications to produce suitable test plans and reports, including both manual and automated test scripts.
- Create, maintain, revise and review test suites and enter them into the test repository.
- Liaising with configuration management, project managers, developers and third parties to bridge the gap between technical and business partners.
What you need to be the successful Test Engineer:
In order to be the successful Test Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Experience successfully delivering complex and high risk projects using a broad range of test techniques/principles (Integrated or functional).
- Experience of using automated tooling (e.g. Cucumber, Selenium, SonarQube, Jmeter, Gatling).
- Experience of test and defect management tools. e.g. HPQC, ALM, JIRA, Bamboo.
- Experience of different project methodologies, e.g. V Model, Agile, and hybrids of the two.
- Software development exposure, ideally with .Net and Java.
- Good technical understanding of both Windows and Linux.
- Co-Coordinating test activities across the teams, crafting test scripts and automating test processes.
Additional expirience in the following would be highly advantageous:
- Experience of UK Government working practices.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies and other tools such as Confluence, Jira and Wiki's.
- Experience or an interest in Model Driven Architecture.
- Interest and exposure to Software Development lifecycles.
- Interest in security as code / DevSecOps Approach.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Test Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
All applicants must be eligible for Security Clearance