|Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire||Salary: £20.00 - £23.80 per hour|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Sian Driscoll||Job Published: 29 days ago|
Test Engineer needed for a globally-recognised medical devices organisation based in Leeds who are looking to employ an experienced Test Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of test engineering in a medical device background.
The successful Test Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will receive a payrate of up to £23.80 per hour.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Test Engineer will include:
* Translate biomechanical scenarios into complex tribological test procedures via undertaking complex mechanical/numerical analysis and product functional testing
* Undertake complex in vitro simulation testing on laboratory equipment, having a hands-on approach.
* Create technical reports and contribute to peer reviewed publications
* Generate test procedures in line with company/international procedures/specific country requirements data required for the design verification section of the product development files (Device history Files - DHF).
* Work with minimal supervision via participation in development projects, potentially being a key contributor on projects with a strong test/research bias (internal and external). Understand when to ask for advice.
* Develop and design company related systems and procedures including interdepartmental procedures, for example, create and implement Engineering Change Instructions/ materials specifications, SOPs/ SMTs
* Undertake relatively complex technical and departmental projects including the introduction of new test equipment to the company requirements of validation/Management of Change. Control capital budgets for new equipment where appropriate
* Participate in cross functional projects and understand and the requirement of working in world-wide projects with different cultural backgrounds
* Interact routinely with all levels of company management, surgeons, academics and vendors. Work within the companies Health, Safety and Environment policy
* Foster, develop and co-ordinate external links, relationships, partnerships and strategic alliances with academic institutes, technical specialists and associated industry
What you need to be the successful Test Engineer:
* Possess a mechanical/materials/forensic or bioengineering engineering background
* Possess a minimum HND/Degree plus 3 years' experience in research or a test environment either academic or industrial
* Preferable experience: 3 years' experience in the medical industry
* Work without supervision
* Exhibit superior time management, leadership and decision-making skills
* Proactive, demonstrating a high level of initiative
* Confident and effective communicator at all levels
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Possess a thorough understanding of the product development process for medical devices.
* Exhibit a good business acumen
* Exhibit good project management skills
* Team working skills and flexibility are essential
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Test Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!