|Location: Gloucestershire, England||Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Corrine Watkins||Job Published: 27 days ago|
Test Engineer needed for a leading global security company based in Gloucestershire who are looking to employ an experienced Test Engineer with thorough understanding of SDLC and a strong background of working within an Agile/Scrum environment and a strong understanding of test methodologies.
Some of the main duties of the Test Engineer will include:
*Evaluation and execution of existing manual Test Cases.
*Translation of business and technical requirements to comprehensive testable scenarios.
*Development of Test Plans and procedures for both black and white box testing of all components at the Unit, Module, System and Integration levels, performing risk analysis when required.
*Define and execute test activities either independently or within a team.
*Identify gaps and opportunity to improve test capability to ensure coverage efficiency.
*Actively seek opportunities to reduce software time-to-market through process improvement and automation.
*A strong teammate, you will work in multiple environments as part of a collaborative and multi-functional team
What you need to be the successful Test Engineer
In order to be the successful Test Engineer will ideally need to have the following:
* ISEB Foundation/Intermediate Certificate in Software Testing
* Thorough understanding of SDLC and a strong background of working within an Agile/Scrum development process as well as knowledge of common tools used e.g. Test Rail, JIRA, Zephyr
* Formal automated and manual performance and integration experience
* Strong understanding of test methodologies
* Knowledge of non-functional testing e.g. security, performance, and accessibility testing
* Proficient at Windows and Linux in both administration and user level including command
language and understanding hardware utilisation and system performance.
* Strong understanding of programming languages including development experience of writing test harnesses in Java, .net and integration with performance test tools such as Apache Jmeter, Microsoft Visual Studio and Spirent Avalanche.
* Strong understanding of Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP) including working experience of ActiveMQ, Apache QPID and RabbitMQ.
* Strong understanding of protocols within the OSI model in particular IP/TCP and mobile stacks
* Proficient user of network traffic analysers both GUI and command line interface. Automating characterising of test data and production of expected test results.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Test Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!