|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £35000 - £43000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 23 days ago|
My Client is looking for a Test Engineer to join them at their Bedforshire site. It consists of three business areas focusing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm Fri day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
Specific Job Description
The Test Engineer will be part of a wider Test Team who are responsible for the design, implementation and execution of Functional, Electrical and Electronic Tests on the qualification programmes for Internally Designed Products and the creation of Qualification Test Equipment.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- HNC/HND/Degree educated in an Electrical/Electronics discipline.
- Experience in Electrical and Electronic Test Equipment Specification, Design and Operation.
- Experience in test design and creation of detailed test procedures.
- Experience of test techniques used on Analogue, Digital, Optical, Data Communications.
- Good Communication Skills, both verbal and written.
- Good problem solving skills and ability to contribute positively to engineering investigations.
- Understanding of the systems design process and best practices necessary to support this process.
- Knowledge of DefStan 61-5, DefStan 59-411.
- Ability to make technical decisions and lead other engineering staff in their duties.
- Knowledge of Mechanical Engineering/Environmental Stress Screening
- Knowledge of CAN Bus
- Knowledge of Vector CANoe/ National Instruments Labview
- Experience of IEC-61508
- Experience of Automated Test Equipment and Automated Test Scripting
- Knowledge GP-IB test equipment Interface
- Knowledge of DOORS.
- Knowledge of general laboratory electrical test equipment
- Experience of AC/DC electrical systems
- Experience of Defence Industry.
- Vehicle electrical disturbances, awareness of Automotive ISO7637-2 or Military Def Stan 61-5 or Aviation standards
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.