|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: £45 - £50 per hour|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Contract|
|Contact: James Giblin||Job Published: 5 days ago|
Contract - 6 Months
Test Engineer needed for a leading Solutions Integration organisation based in Portsmouth who are looking to employ an experienced Test Engineer who can integrate sub-systems and diagnose interface issues and assist the development engineers in resolving them, providing practical solutions to a wide range of problems
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Test Engineer will include:
- Planning own work within defined constraints
- Providing technical support and assistance to engineers
- Problem determination and resolution to a wide range of complex issues
- Meeting plans, schedules and costs
- Applying the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the test life cycle.
- Interface with team members ensuring co-ordinated results
- Design and documentation of low level integration tests
- Design and documentation of system level tests.
- Analysis of test results
- Investigation and analysis of problems with the test environment and system or sub-system under test
- Test report writing and presentation
- Verification of fixes and subsequent regression testing
- Conduct and co-ordination of testing in lab and customer environments
- Conduct and co-ordination of customer level demonstrations under the supervision of an LM Employee
- Estimating inputs for resource and schedule planning
What you need to be the successful Test Engineer:
In order to be the successful Test Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- An understanding and the application of the Integration and test principles and practices and a general knowledge of the Systems Engineering and Software Development Life Cycles
- Demonstrable test experience across the full test lifecycle. Proven track record of quality delivery in complex, challenging, cutting edge test environments, with specific focus on Software test activity.
- Commitment & teamwork:
- Disciplined, logical and flexible work approach
- Work effectively as part of a team, seeking timely management direction & guidance, peer counsel and team advice, exercising tact and diplomacy, and promoting enthusiasm, innovation and effective, positive inter-personal relationships
- High degree of personal and professional integrity
- Demonstrated understanding of customer needs and in house processes
- Clear, focused and effective verbal and written communications
- Good analytical skills
- ISTQB Certification an advantage
- Experience with network data/traffic monitoring and analysis tools
- Experience of TestDirector/Quality Centre
- Experience of Oracle SQLPLUS
- Experience of J2EE
- Experience of AIX/UNIX/WINDOWS NT/2003/2008/7
ISEB/ISTQB accreditedThis really is a fantastic opportunity for a Test Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.