|Location: Uckfield, East Sussex||Salary: £25000 - £35000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Charles Beecroft|
Test Engineer urgently needed. Ideally, you will already be an experienced Test Engineer with a test background within UHV products testing, assembling and repairing them.
Test Engineer role:
As the Test Engineer, you will be required to Assemble, inspect and test precision, high vacuum scientific equipment
Test Engineer Responsibilities
- Assemble high technology instruments using drawings and 3D viewing software
- Test completed components including 'bake out' and leak checking of ultra high vacuum (UHV) products, plus full functional testing.
- The packing of sensitive and fragile instruments within suitable containers to ensure their safe transportation.
- Assist in perpetual & annual audits to group accounting regulations when required.
- You will train existing and new employees
- Servicing, commissioning and/or repair of equipment of customer equipment
Test Engineer Required skills and qualifications
- HNC/HND level as a minimum and / or equivalent experience in a science or engineering field
- High or ultra-high vacuum experience (either in assembly, test or other 'hands-on' function).
- Precision assembly experience.
- An experience of test and inspection within a precision manufacturing environment.
- A knowledge and understanding of LEAN manufacturing tools would be an advantage.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.