|Location: Gloucestershire, England||Salary: £45000 - £60000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: James Giblin|
Test Automation Engineer
Test Automation Engineer needed for a multinational Security and Defence organisation based in Gloucestershire. They're looking to employ an experienced Test Automation Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of SDLC using various testing methodologies, hands on experience with scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash., and the Defence Industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Test Automation Engineer will include:
- Evaluate existing manual Test Cases and identify opportunities for Automation.
- Translate business and technical requirements to comprehensive testable scenarios.
- Develop Test Plans and procedures for both black and white box testing of all components at the Unit.
- Module, System and Integration levels, performing risk analysis when required.
- Define and execute test activities either independently and within a team.
- Drive Test Automation efforts for all services including identification, design, implementation and support
- Identify gaps and opportunity to improve Test Automation capability to ensure coverage efficiency.
- Champion transition to Automated Integration & Testing solutions to reduce software time-to-market.
- Analyse current automation solutions, understand changing business needs, and propose strategies for the enhancement and/or migration to new Automation framework.
- Able to run investigations into root-cause analysis of failures, hardware or software, using the appropriate tools and recommend solutions to the relevant teams for resolution.
- A strong teammate, you will work in multiple environments as part of a collaborative and multi-functional team.
What you need to be the successful Test Automation Engineer:
In order to be the successful Test Automation Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Experience in SDLC using various testing methodologies.
- Track record for delivering Automated Integration & Test solutions.
- Hands on experience with scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash.
- Experience with Continuous Integration technologies like Jenkins and/or Bamboo.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools, for example: Git, Stash, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Development and planning of test and integration environments.
- High degree of initiative and flexibility, with a passion to learn and grow.
- Excellent problem-solving, interpersonal, analytical, planning and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team under pressure
Desirable skills and experience are as followed:
- Knowledge of Automation Testing frameworks such as Selenium, Watir, jMeter, etc
- ISTQB/BCS Certified Tester
- Created and reviewed comprehensive Test documentation
- Experience with Defect Tracking tools such as Jira, Rally, RTC
- Experience with virtualisation technologies
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Deployed and configurated complex software under Linux.
- Understanding of Cloud Technologies such as Hadoop/Accumulo/Spark
- Experience in Performance Testing
- Knowledge of Agile Development, TDD and DevOps techniques
- Understanding of the importance of software version control
- Self-motivated and able to coach/mentor/inspire others across Automation.
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
- Certified Agile Tester
- Experience of UK Government working practices
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Test Automation Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!