|Location: Havant, Hampshire||Salary: + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 20 days ago|
Test Facilities Support Engineer
This position is for an Engineer to support programmes by leading the design, development, configuration management, manufacture and support of the test environment (facilities/test equipment and rigs) used on a range of programmes at Havant and at supplier and customer sites.
This role will include aspects of test environment configuration management, installation, electrical and mechanical design, test environment control, development, installation and repair. Whilst this role is based in Havant the test facilities rigs are limited facilities in Yeovil, and some travel will be required between these sites, and other sites as new test facilities are established in accordance with developing business needs.
What you need to be the successful Test Facilities Support Engineer:
- Test Environment Management and Governance
- Configuration Management
- Repair and Maintenance Management
- Ability to read and interpret design drawings and modifications including parts lists, assembly drawings and publications
- Ability to write change requests, detailed procedures and reports
- Designing and drawing test environment components using drawing software
- Rig Booking Systems & Test Environment Administration
In addition to the required skills the experience of any of the following would be advantageous:
- Experience within a helicopter systems and/or maritime environment
- Expertise in MS office products
- Ability to maintain a balance between attention to detail and gaining an overall understanding of assigned requirements, functions and design within the wider programme.
- Ability to create clear and effective reports suitable for customer acceptance, including problem identification and diagnosis.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and Verbal.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with good communication skills, able to work effectively in small development teams
- Be able to work independently on the tasking
- Electrical Engineering background
- Experience with Ethernet networking
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Test Facilities Support Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.