|Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire||Salary: £19.55 per hour|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Megan Cottrell|
Initially 12 months
Test Technician needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a leading Medical Devices company who specialise within Orthopaedic Limbs, Joint Reconstruction and Spinal Care.
Purpose of the Test Technician:
This role will focus on testing instruments intended for use in orthopaedic surgery through biomechanical means, including fatigue endurance and load to failure testing. The Orthopaedic Test Laboratory works with engineers around the world to perform essential testing.
Some of the main responsibilities of the Test Technician will include:
* Conduct new product development and research testing work, duties include but not limited to: liaising and understanding requirements of work requests from Bio-engineers, translation of requests into practical in vitro tests, planning and execution of tests, analysis of data, completion of formal reporting and discussion with customers during and post activity to assess requirements for additional work.
* Advanced skills in report writing, Statistics and programming.
* Team working
* Assist Other Test Engineers as and when required on a variety of projects
* Help other Test Engineers in the lab to perform testing if necessary
* Set up of test assemblies
* Contribute to departmental initiatives and meetings (within laboratory and wider R+D)
* Testing with scientific rigur, analysis of data, interpretation of results, recommendation of future test methods, report compilation
* Participate in the development, component specification, building and validation of equipment employing electronics (such as instruments including transducer, controllers and triggers applied to test machines)
* Maintain laboratory inspection/test equipment by ensuring that equipment is serviceable, including but not limited to actively working or organizing subcontractors as required, ensuring calibration to schedule, servicing and maintenance, breakdown repairs
* New equipment and facilities: Assist with Capital Expenditure (CapEx) justification, including defining the specification and introduction to the laboratory area, examples include but are not limited to Critical systems change form, internal Qualification, calibration, risk assessment, staff training and developing work instructions
* Design and facilitate manufacture of one off fixtures to support the lab activities as required utilizing CAD. Maintain register and storage of fixtures.
* Develop a mechanism for planning and recording machine usage including all activities of work tasks, calibration and maintenance.
What you need to be the successful Test Technician:
* A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent demonstrable experience is required
* Experience in analytical testing is desired
* Experience working with multiple international customers is a bonus
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently and think laterally to improve upon the range of testing offered would be a bonus.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Test Technician to progress their career within the medical devices industry.
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.