|Location: Wokingham, Berkshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Test Technician needed for a multinational financial organisation based in Wokingham who are looking to employ an experienced Test Technician with extensive experience within an electronics and manufacturing environment, experience working with optical products, and the aerospace/aviation industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Test Technician will include:
- Sets up and operates precision test equipment for alignment, troubleshooting and testing of electrical equipment and systems.
- Possesses advanced knowledge of standard test equipment, oscilloscopes, ohmmeters, signal generators, spectrum analyzers etc, as well as advanced knowledge of custom made test equipment including automatic test equipment.
- Has an advanced understanding of advanced test equipment functions as well as the ability to reprogram replacement equipment, and determines possible failures in existing equipment.
- Aligns and adjusts complex electrical components on units being tested to ensure proper functioning of electrical circuits, utilizing established test procedures.
- Conducts a variety of functional tests to check operation and calibration of test stations, components, equipment and systems.
- Analyzes circuitry and physically checks wiring and operation of various electronic parts, units, and systems components necessary to locate malfunction causes found during testing of components, equipment or systems.
- Performs difficult electrical/mechanical repair operations consisting of disassembly and assembly of units.
- Verifies that repairs or modifications performed on customer equipment conform to the companies Quality and Workmanship Standards.
- Records results of repair and modification actions and accounts for time required to perform each task on Service Worksheets
- Prepares estimate of repair costs for customer, may be required to communicate technical and financial aspects of repair costs both in verbal and written form to internal and external customers.
- Able to research and provide an in-depth estimates for units requiring extensive repairs, required service bulletins, overhauls and complete rebuilds.
- Have advanced knowledge of various avionics systems, basic electronics theories and associated circuitry and components.
- Has an advanced knowledge of Operating Procedures and understand why they are needed, able to research and determine what operating Procedures apply to the task at hand and follow them.
- Understands the importance of accurate paperwork and how it impacts the repair process.
- Understands the importance of continually improving quality. Can inspect and train others for preferred workmanship standards. Can determine areas of improvement in shop quality and communicate a means of achieving a high standard.
- Supports and promotes continuous process improvement and Lean initiatives.
- Understands safety requirements and performs duties in accordance with all safety procedures.
- Be very proficient at returning to service units that have multiple failures, require in depth adjustments and testing with limited assistance from others.
- Understand current workload and production needs to assist senior techs and leads in determining how to best use available resources to meet established goals.
- Able to research and provide an in-depth estimate for overhauls and required bulletins.
- May be required to perform related duties as assigned.
- Able to Wet lab new procedures and provide evaluation feedback to engineering.
- Accurately records results of repair and modification actions, accounts for time, and records other data per SCOP requirements in SAP or on Service Worksheets as applicable.
- Perform complex repairs, alignments and tests. Assist others as needed and may be assigned to determine airworthiness as an FAA inspector.
- Determine training needs. Provide advanced training on all qualified equipment types.
- Work with other levels of supervision to prioritize work, plan for future projects and determine the best utilization of personnel and resources in their work area.
What you need to be the successful Test Technician:
In order to be the successful Test Technician and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Associates degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of an associate's degree three years of related experience
- Preferable experience working with optical products
- Working experience within an electronics and manufacturing environment
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Test Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!