|Location: Milton Keynes||Salary: £34 - £43 per hour|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 22 days ago|
The Operations Engineering team provides engineering resources to support Operational performance and major product development projects; from design through to engineering build and production support, to end of life of product. The team provides full product lifecycle support including prototype design & build, development and integration of the build documentation and supporting requirements of full production build.
This role will be required to Design, develop and implement industrial tools, dies, gauges, jigs, fixtures, prototype model production and machine attachments required for production or experimental use, considering such factors as accessibility, economy, mobility, and performance requirements. will be required to have a good working knowledge of CAD design tools such as CREO and Windchill.
Design involvement through the full product lifecycle, with the aim to reduce manufacturing costs and improve yield at all stages, which will directly impact our customers, whilst supporting the Programme in delivery of the milestones.
As part of the Operations Engineering Team, the Manufacturing Engineer is the recognised point of contact for all matters related to their area of expertise, providing engineering advice, problem solving and co-ordination of activities in support of current and future business.
The Manufacturing Engineer will drive a proactive approach to right first time quality to promote growth, will enhance the reputation of the business through exceptional quality standards and contribute towards a significant reduction in overall manufacturing costs.
- Develop manufacturing tooling within any of the following technologies;
- NC Machining
- Composite layup
- Designing any new tooling & fixturing requirements.
- Experienced in the creation of Technical Requirement Specifications.
- Creation of detailed process instructions.
- Creation of Manufacturing BOM's / routings to aid ease of manufacture.
- Active involvement in the Level 1 & 2 MDWT (Mission Directed Work Team) meetings.
- Assist with the Technical requirements of the relevant section of the Capital plan from definition to acceptance.
- Supporting full rate production of a range of products aligned to the Business requirements.
- Close liaison of activities with Industrial Engineering, Production Engineering and other functions as necessary.
- Support with the business process reviews and generation / update of relevant documentation.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Tooling Engineer will include:
- Knowledge of Machining and Manufacturing technologies.
- Tooling Engineering / Tooling Design experience.
- Understanding of PUWER and LOLAR regulations.
- Understanding of a Certificates of Design requirements.
- Good communication skills that can sell and influence to a range of audiences internally and externally with the ability to work with all levels of the business.
- An independent thinker, able to take an assertive stance to enforce the key requirements.
- Demonstrate a level of design and manufacturing process industry experience with CNC machining and/ or composite layup.
- Knowledge of, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma methodology.
- An understanding of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerances) with the ability to identify key characteristics and datum structures.
- Familiar with the use of CAD software (CREO) to generate technical drawings.
- Experience of preparing operational documentation and manufacturing data-packs.
- Experience of driving change in process, behaviour and culture.
- Awareness of DFM/A and PFMEA principles and the use of them in a practical application to support Industrial Engineering activity.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Key competences: Personal accountability, building relationships, planning for results, customer first, adaptability.
- Capable of obtaining SC - Security Clearance.
What experience you need to be the successful Tooling Engineer:
- Experience in activities & techniques relating to the introduction of new products (NPI)
- Computer Literate (MS Office/Project/Visio)
- Knowledge of Windchill or similar tool for documentation management.
- Project Management Experience.
Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree (or equivalent qualification) and experience
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Tooling Engineerto progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
If you are interested in applying for this Tooling Engineer position you must eligible for UK security clearance up to SC level.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.