|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: £40 - £50 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Bradley Lamb||Job Published: 21 days ago|
Trade Compliance Lead (contract)
Contract Duration: 6 months+
Trade Compliance Lead needed for a leading Defence organisation based in Portsmouth. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with the below. This contract is an initial 6-month contract but possible extension due to the length of project
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Trade Compliance Lead will include:
- Carry out export license accounting ensuring compliance under the (Department for International Trade) DfIT remit for record keeping when using export licenses for controlled goods.
- Maintain suitable procedures and records to demonstrate control of exports to meet DfIT compliance audits, HMRC desk audits and/or corporate audits and other company standards.
- Support the Business Development and Technical departments with export licencing for all demonstrations, exhibitions and trade shows, including Co-ordination with DfIT (Department of International Trade) for F680's, Exhibition clearances etc.
- Provides subject matter expert advice and establishes requirements for license generation, and support of submitted licences throughout the review and approval process, consisting of UK export licences and government authorisations i.e, OGELs, SIELs, F1686s, End user undertakings etc.
- To manage, record and brief all travel requests and provide approval for the business including the issue of export licensing on a case by case basis.
- Carry out post audit checking of all exports made on behalf of the business on a monthly basis and maintain records thereto for AEO purposes.
- Provide control and accounting of US licensing and Agreements and to provide export advice on US retransfers and/or US licensing requirements in new business ventures.
- Perform record checking of US licence and agreements and identify records of exports made in this arena of compliance for assets obtained under 22 CFR 120-130 aka ITAR.
- Liaise with purchasing, engineering, projects, commercial and other functions to ensure compliance with and an understanding of US ITAR, EAR and End Use requirements and other US requirements.
- Maintenance and coordination of US Authorisations including Technical Assistance Agreements, Manufacturing Licence Agreements, US Licences and exemptions.
- Co-ordination of Private Venture Grading (PVG) and trade compliance ratings (Control List Classifications for Export/import activities including the flow of traffic to/from foreign destinations, brokerage and customs transactions.
What you need to be the successful Trade Compliance Lead:
In order to be the successful Trade Compliance Lead and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Detailed knowledge and experience of UK and US export control regulations and processes (OGEL, OIEL, SIEL, EAR & ITAR)
- Logistics and Supply Chain Degree or equivalent
- Extensive working knowledge of US Export regulations (ITAR, EAR)
- Desirable - understanding of Letters of Credit
- Desirable - Working knowledge of both F680's and Export Licenses
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Trade Compliance Lead to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.