|Location: Greenford, Middlesex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Callie Warner|
Trade Compliance Officer
Trade Compliance Officer for a multinational defence and electronics organisation based in Greenford. On offer for the Trade Compliance Officer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
Some of the main duties of the Trade Compliance Officer will include:
* Along with the Trade Compliance Manager (TCM), acting as a point of contact for export and import transactions.
* Track, audit and maintain records of import and export shipping documents generated in-house or by freight forwarders to ensure accuracy and compliance with regulatory requirements.
* Maintain Trade Compliance documentation in support of the site record keeping requirements.
* For transactions referred to the TCM, release trade compliance-related holds on shipments, whether exports or imports, only after all trade compliance requirements are satisfied and receipt of appropriate direction from the TCM.
* Restrict and halt shipments not in compliance with Government regulatory requirement, licence approval and company policy and refer to the TCM.
* Provide the Senior Trade Compliance Manager (STCM) with information related to transactions requiring management review.
* Assist in gathering information necessary to make licencing determinations. Prove support for the generation of export and import licence applications and classification requests.
* Interface with freight forwarders, brokers and other trade compliance-related third-party service providers, as appropriate, to ensure compliance with procedures.
* Refer any and all inquiries from any governmental department or agency with regard to trade compliance issues to the TCM.
* Coordinate with the TCM, as necessary, to ensure the proper jurisdiction determination and classification of all products, equipment, software and technology produced, or in use by the employees.
* Participate in and support trade compliance coordination initiatives, if any promulgated by the TCM or STCM.
* Complete any reports, logs or equivalent records, or notifications of potential or verified matters of non-compliance that much be forwarded to the TCM or STCM.
* Assist with audits and assessments, whether internal or external, as directed by the TCM.
* Keep current with the Trade Compliance Programme, attending required training and seminars and provide input and feedback on any changes or additions.
* Undertake any other tasks as required to support the PCS business
In order to be the successful a Trade Compliance Officer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Have strong attention to detail, be a continuous learner, flexible and be willing to take initiative.
* Promote an open-minded, innovative environment.
* Ability to build productive relationships at all levels inside and outside the organisation.
* Ability to meet deadlines and manage varying workload
* Ability to problem solve independently and as part of a team
* College-level qualifications in Business or related field, and two years of business-related experience; OR
* Export/import training and two years of business-related experience.
* Must be proficient with MS Office products.
* Must provide excellent customer service.
* Have familiarisation with legal forms, meanings, and terms.
* Technical product knowledge would be an advantage.
* Understanding of Trade Compliance procedures and documentation
* Previous experience in implementing and managing import clearance activities
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Trade Compliance Officer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!