|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: Up to £1 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Trade Compliance Officer
Trade Compliance Officer required to join a globally established Aerospace / Defence company in the Gloucestershire area as part of their Logistics team. The Trade Compliance Officer will ensure the business is compliant with all applicable aspects of export legislation, asssisting with administering of relevant procedures and processes and their implementation.
On offer for the Trade Compliance Officer is a competitive salary and benefits package that includes annual bonus, 25 days holiday, contributed pension and many more.
The key responsibilities for the Trade Compliance Officer include:
- Perform regulatory analysis to determine proper jurisdiction and appropriate classification of hardware, software and technology.
- Carry out and manage due diligence checks on agents, customers, suppliers and service providers.
- Review technical data that is being proposed for transfer or export to assess technical content and make appropriate classification and export licence determinations.
- Prepare export licence applications and authorisations, including SIEL licences.
- Check Customs documentation and update tracking spreadsheets and the company ERP system accordingly, ready for HMRC and UK DIT Export Control compliance reports and audits.
- Track status of all export authorisation requests from internal request to Governmental approval to close of licence/authorisation, as appropriate.
- Provide support with the request of end-user undertakings and address queries raised by Customer Services and/or customers related to the undertakings.
- Assist in updating and maintaining the company ERP system with the correct export control classifications, tariff codes, end-user undertakings, export licences and export control statements.
- As a member of the Trade Compliance Team, serve as a focal point for export compliance queries.
- Assist with the management of their trade compliance system, including updates to the relevant processes.
- Complete Export Classification Questionnaires and End-User Certificates for customers and suppliers.
- Raise relevant Customs documentation required for exhibitions, demonstrations, trials, supplier returns and exports of military technical data.
- Undertake any other tasks as required to support the business.
Knowledge / skillset required for the Trade Compliance Officer:
- Experience in trade compliance procedures and documentation
- Ability to build productive relationships at all levels inside and outside the organisation.
- Ability to design, develop and maintain processes and procedures
- Ability to problem solve independently and as part of a team
- Highly organised
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage varying workload
- Eligible for SC clearance.