|Location: West London, London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
Trade Compliance Officer
Trade Compliance Officer needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in West London. They're looking to employ an experienced Trade compliance Officer who will facilitate the compliance of import and export activities relating to the business in accordance with all national and international regulations and controls.
The successful Trade Compliance Officer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 25 day's holiday
- Variable annual bonus
- Contributed pension
- Career Progression
- Life assurance
- And many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Trade Compliance Officer will include:
- Support the Trade Compliance Specialist with the development of the processes and procedures required to standardise and streamline import and export procedures across the sites.
- Ensure compliance with import and export regulations.
- Update, maintain and ensure accuracy of customs tariff information in internal systems.
- Provide timely and accurate clearance instructions to freight forwarders to minimise delays to imports.
- Maintain accurate records of goods imported to inward processing and assist with submission of bills of discharge to HMRC in a timely fashion.
- Produce accurate export documentation in accordance with international law and internal processes.
- Maintain accurate records, logs and files containing export documents and information that will satisfy the scrutiny of ECJU and HMRC audits.
- Support external audits by HMRC and ECJU.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
What you need to be the successful Trade Compliance Officer:
In order to be the successful Trade Compliance Officer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Experience in the freight forwarding or supply chain sector.
- Detailed knowledge of HMRC related formalities both imports and exports
- Customs Procedure Codes
- Commodity Codes and tariff classification
- Preferential Origin
- Inward Processing
- Awareness of export controls.
- Good organisation and administrative skills
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Trade Compliance Officer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.