|Location: West London, London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
Trade Compliance Specialist (contract)
Trade Compliance Specialist needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in West London on an initial 6-month contract. They're looking to employ an experienced Trade Compliance Specialist who will be responsible for international trade compliance across all the business units including UK and US export control requirements. The role is to facilitate, where required, export licence applications and the subsequent compliance requirements for exporting ML and Dual-Use goods.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Trade Compliance Specialist will include:
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to ensure the organisation complies with UK export controls SIEL, OGEL, OIEL and; US export controls ITAR and including marketing controls e.g. F680
- Correct management of intangible exports.
- Host and support external audits.
- Negotiate rates with Freight forwarders and couriers to get the best service, with a competitive price.
- Develop the export control processes within the Business Management System.
- Establish the standardisation of export processes across all the business units.
- Produce accurate export documentation (e.g. pro-forma invoices, Carnets, AWB's) in accordance with international law and internal process.
- Maintain accurate records, logs and files containing export documents and information, that will satisfy the scrutiny of external audits.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
- Provide training to raise trade compliance awareness across the whole business.
- Any other duties as and when required.
What you need to be the successful Trade Compliance Specialist:
In order to be the successful Trade Compliance Specialist and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Detailed knowledge and experience of UK and US export control regulations and processes (OGEL, OIEL, SIEL, EAR ITAR)
- Logistics and Supply Chain Degree or equivalent
- Extensive working knowledge of the SPIRE application process for both F680's and Export Licenses
- Extensive working knowledge of US Export regulations (ITAR, EAR)
- Desirable - understanding of Letters of Credit
- Ability to obtain SC Clearance
- Extensive UK Export Licensing experience
- Extensive F680 Application Process experience
- Working knowledge of HMRC International Trade formalities
- Working knowledge of applying for and complying with OGEL's, OIEL's, SIEL's
- Extensive experience of United States Export Controls (ITAR & EAR).
- Ability to implement controls and processes to support US and UK export controls in a dynamic business.
- Ability to understand technology and support the engineering team when classifying Military List and Dual-Use items
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Trade Compliance Specialist to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.