|Location: Telford, Shropshire||Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for a Trade Controls Officer to join them at their Telford site. They are the UK's leading engineering support services organisation employing over 28,000 people across the world and they can offer a hugely diverse number of career options.
Specific Job Description
- Support the design, implementation and management of business unit operational processes to deliver compliance with Group trade control policy and procedures, applicable laws and regulations.
- Advise business unit commercial and operational teams on trade control issues and risks.
- Support and advise bid teams in all trade control elements of any bid solution.
- Liaise with TC central team to support and deliver all business unit licensing requirements.
- In conjunction with the TC central team, review and audit trade control compliance across relevant areas of responsibility.
- Delivery of processes and procedures to ensure business unit compliance with Group trade control policies and procedures, law and regulations.
- ITAR & EAR local training, development and review.
- Trade control for operational location's visitors, both internal and external.
- Licence review and assessment against requirements. In conjunction with the central team, delivery of a compliant licencing solution for all services provided.
- Assistance with product and data classification against the export control regulations.
- Responsibility for obtaining data on all licenced activities and requirements in each programme.
- Vetting all tangible exports and checking the licence determination is correct.
- Providing access to expert advice on Trade Control requirements to local purchasing, bid teams, contract reviews, HR and Security.
- Where appropriate, being the main point of contact with the relevant national agencies for Trade Control authorisations utilised locally.
- Integration of a compliance regime into local procurement.
- Capability assessment on external suppliers on Trade Control for local activities
- Representation of local Trade Control on a divisional basis.
- Review and resolve historic Trade Control activities which are not compliant in all areas.
- Identify risk and report all areas of shortfall relating to Trade Control to local management teams and central TC team.
- Build and maintain local process maps relating to all Trade Control activity.
Knowledge, Qualification & Experience:
- Degree level education or equivalent or suitable prior experience in an appropriate area
- Knowledge of US Export & Re-export Controls
- Knowledge of UK Export Controls
- Ability to understand requirements of each export licence
- Experience in communicating with external agencies on legal matters
- Knowledge of EU classification rules (HTS / export control)
- Knowledge of EU Import Regulations and Rules of Origin
- Hazardous goods and explosives knowledge
- Dangerous goods
Skills & Competencies:
- Trade compliance focus
- Military experience, military working environment, corporate commercial background, purchasing, MRO or maintenance, asset management on a technical basis, freight forwarding with IP, OP, EU, US and ROW experience with a focus on export controls
- Prior experience in the design and delivery of processes and procedures to deliver compliance as an embedded part of the business process
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.