|Location: Reading, Berkshire||Salary: £24000 - £30000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Traffic and Transportation Specialist
£24,000 - £30,000
Traffic and Transportation Specialist required for a globally recognised aerospace company based in Reading.
The succesful candidate for this Traffic and Transportation Specialist position will be an active member of the Shipping Team on all core related import/customs/Export activities.
The will also ensure that the company are compliant with internal/external customer requirements and related regulations. This position is responsible for performing effectively and accurately necessary import/Export processes and to communicate information and viable solutions to controls and processes.
Benefits for this exciting Traffic and Transportation Specialist position:
- Competitive pension scheme
- Private health & dental care
- 25 days' holiday
- Retail vouchers
- & many more!
Key Accountability for the Traffic and Transportation Specialist:
- Manage Import/Customs/Export process to ensure that all queries and issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all Departmental Customs Records are updated and maintained in an accurate manner
- Ensure that all current processes, controls, policies and securities are complied with.
- Ensure all outbound shipments are packed in accordance with current standards and shipped within specific requirements
- As part of the shipping team, manage transportation requirements which includes arranging, negotiating best price, completing relevant documentation and communicating back to our internal customers
- To be able to communicate with internal and external customers, brokers, shippers, and manufacturers effectively.
- To be able to communicate with outside agencies to ensure that the Customer's and Company's requirements are met
- To undertake reasonable tasks outside of normal role when team objectives require, as decided by the Logistics Manager.
- Complete data entry within various software systems.
- Record keeping and filing management
- In-house packing of items being shipped and potentially be trained as a FLT driver
- Exhibits knowledge of industry practices and leads the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards.
To apply for this exciting permanent position for a Traffic and Transportation Specialist please press 'apply now'.