|Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire||Salary: £9 - £11 per annum|
|Sector: Utilities & Infrastructure, Rail & Infrastructure, Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Traffic Management Operative
Traffic Management Operative needed for a specialist highways organisation based in Milton Keynes with operations nationwide.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Traffic Management Operative will include:
* Undertake TM duties to Chapter 8 Specifications, including Type 12A/B and 12D
* Undertake stock checks of Traffic Management equipment and report any defects to Duty Supervisor.
* Undertake any duties requested by supervisors and managers
* Participate in Weekend and Call out Rota's when required.
* Assist with emergency response incidents including liaison with emergency services.
* To work in a safe and effective manner to achieve optimum output and to the required quality.
* Ensure compliance with Health & Safety at Work Act at all time.
* Be aware and comply with VHL Health & Safety Quality and Environmental Policies.
* Ensure safe working practices are followed as outlined in Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
* Report and log vehicle and plant defects to supervisors.
* Compliance with permitting in accordance with the Traffic Management Act
* Taking of before and after photographs if required
* Completion of job sheets and record keeping to required standards
* Timely return of any required paperwork to supervisors, office manager and/or client.
* Act in a professional manner, appropriate to a representative of the company.
* Meet the client's expectations focusing on client satisfaction
* Liaise with the client, stakeholders and LHA when required
* Reporting of any near misses and/or close calls.
What you need to be the successful Traffic Management Operative:
In order to be the successful Traffic Management Operative you will need to have the following:
* Previous experience in traffic management operations
* Previous experience in highways maintenance
* Holder of valid CSCS card
* Holder of NHSS 12D M1-M2 qualifications essential
* Holder of NHSS 12D M3-M5 qualifications desirable
* Holder of NHSS 12A/B desirable
* Holder of full valid UK driving license
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Traffic Management Operative to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!