|Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire||Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Title: Traffic Management Team Lead
Location: Milton Keynes
Pay: £30,000 - £34,000 (overtime, weekend work and on call work always available +++ £££)
Term: Permanent (holiday and sick pay on offer)
Traffic Management Team Lead needed for a specialist highways organisation based in Milton Keynes with operations nationwide.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Traffic Management Team Lead will include:
* Undertake TM duties to Chapter 8 Specifications, including Type 12A/B and 12D
* Undertake stock checks of Traffic Management equipment and report any defects to Duty Supervisor.
* Undertake any duties requested by supervisors and managers
* Participate in Weekend and Call out Rota's when required.
* Assist with emergency response incidents including liaison with emergency services.
* To work in a safe and effective manner to achieve optimum output and to the required quality.
* Ensure compliance with Health & Safety at Work Act at all time.
* Be aware and comply with VHL Health & Safety Quality and Environmental Policies.
* Ensure safe working practices are followed as outlined in Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
* Report and log vehicle and plant defects to supervisors.
* Compliance with permitting in accordance with the Traffic Management Act
* Taking of before and after photographs if required
* Completion of job sheets and record keeping to required standards
* Timely return of any required paperwork to supervisors, office manager and/or client.
* Act in a professional manner, appropriate to a representative of the company.
* Meet the client's expectations focusing on client satisfaction
* Liaise with the client, stakeholders and LHA when required
* Reporting of any near misses and/or close calls.
* Supervise traffic management operatives
* Site surveys and assessment/approval of Tm drawings
* Site audits
* Ensure employees, self-employed and temporarily employed trainees/persons have received adequate training and information about the activity they are required to undertake, particularly by ensuring induction is provided for those attending a location for the first time.
* Ensure that all team members are aware of their roles and responsibilities for this specific project
What you need to be the successful Traffic Management Team Lead:
In order to be the successful Traffic Management Team Lead, you will need to have the following:
* Previous experience in traffic management operations
* Previous experience in highways maintenance
* Previous supervisory experience
* Holder of valid CSCS card
* Holder of NHSS 12D M1-M2 qualifications essential
* Holder of NHSS 12D M3-M5 qualifications desirable
* Holder of NHSS 12A/B desirable
* Holder of full valid UK driving license
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Traffic Management team Lead to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!