|Location: Epsom, Surrey||Salary: £20000 - £23000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Gautam Raval||Job Published: 8 days ago|
Trainee IT Technician/Batch Operator
IT Technician/Batch Operator needed for an market leading financial services organisation based in Epsom who are looking to employ a trainee IT Technician/Batch Operator.
This role will be split 50/50 between an IT Technician and a Batch Operator meaning that you will be able to develop a strong level IT Support skills as well as working with technical data as a Batch Operator.
The successful IT Technician/Batch Operator will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £20,000 - £23,000 circa
- 22 day's holiday + 8 Bank Holidays (Holidays increase 1 day per year worked)
- Healthy contributed pension up to 16%
- Access to a number of financial based products
- Dress down Friday
Some of the main duties of the IT Technician/Batch Operator will include:
- In liaison with the Manager, IT Service Delivery, conduct of Computer operations, general operating support to users, system housekeeping and security back-up services to the Group in relation to its Mainframe, Unix, Local Area Network, personal and other computerised facilities including all back-up, security and housekeeping routines in accordance with established procedures.
- Undertake Batch processing of the groups core banking software solution in line with established procedures.
- In liaison with the Manager, IT Service Delivery, the placement, removal and installation of Group Computer Equipment and Software in compliance with legislative requirement and site standards.
- Maintenance of systems established to record and control effectively the movement, location and usage of Group computer equipment and Software taking account of relevant legislations as it affects such equipment.
- Provision of assistance to the Manager, IT Service Delivery, in the production and maintenance of in-house procedure and control manual documentation.
- Provision of services to Users in accordance with agreed standards, scheduling of production runs, housekeeping tasks and output preparation.
- In liaison with the Manager, IT Service Delivery, the periodic testing and maintenance of computer contingency plans designed for use in emergency.
- Provide assistance, as necessary to the Group IT function, in the support and development of Group Mainframe, Local/Wide Area Networks and stand alone personal computing facilities in relation to both operating and application systems.
- As instructed by the Manager, IT Service Delivery, assistance with regard to the contacting of third party suppliers in relation to computer equipment purchasing and consumables, and the maintenance of relevant records.
- Provision of Group helpdesk facilities to assist users in the resolution of equipment, software and general difficulties.
- Attend Internal or External meetings in connection with relevant issues as requested by the Manager, IT Service Delivery and Support.
- Undertake any other related tasks requested by the Manager, IT Service Delivery or his/her Line Superiors.
In order to be the successful IT Technician/Batch Operator and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Good IT skills
- A keen attention to detail
- Calm and efficient under pressure
- Problem solver
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good verbal and written skills, able to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels
- The ability to respond to enquiries promptly, accurately and efficiently
- Strong interest in IT
- Responsible mindset
- Can-do attitude
- Ability to work shifts at evenings / weekends / bank-holidays
- Strong commitment to customer service excellence
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a IT Technician/Batch Operator to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.